Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering what the bar in the middle of the trunk is. Is it supposed to be a strut tower brace or something? Im thinking about removing it to make way for a wall of subwoofers.....(this is not my fast/track car). This will be a demo car for a subwoofer company. Anyway, just wondering if I was correct. Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Isnt it part of the unibody? I think the only way its coming out is with a saw-zall

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
it looks good anyway....why the **** would u wanna remove it?
its not like u are gonna put a BBQ in there
put a BBQ in there? as you see below...he's using it as a demo car for his subwoofer. he said exactly what he wanted to do. :) he probably just wants more space so he can fit more/be more creative.

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the bar in the middle of the trunk is. Is it supposed to be a strut tower brace or something? Im thinking about removing it to make way for a wall of subwoofers.....(this is not my fast/track car). This will be a demo car for a subwoofer company. Anyway, just wondering if I was correct. Thanks.
i've seen a few show z's without the strut bar there. they're not used as daily drivers...and i'm sure there was some other sort of precautionary measures used. i'm sure there was some other reinforcement used so that frame wouldn't twist...but, with these show cars...anythign is possible. tons of money is dumped into them.

but, yes, you can (technically) remove it...just make sure you have enough reinforcement to prevent any other damage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I believe some of you guys missed the purpose of my post. I never intended on this car to be used in any sort of race or a WHOLE lot of daily driving. That is the main reason I bought the car wrecked. I know the bar in the trunk looks great, but the reason for removing it, as stated before, is for a wall of subwoofers. I will be putting at least 8 12" subwoofers that require 1.5-2 cu ft each of space in the wall, and all the space I could come up with (estimating) in front of the bar was 10 cu ft. With the bar removed, space is basically unlimited. I think that 150+db to music would be pretty freaking impressive. I plan on driving the car every once in a while, so I will probably find a way to connect the 2 rear struts. I figured that with all the additional weight I will be adding, any kind of performance will be thrown out the window anyway, so what the heck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you say that about every show car? :rolleyes: Just because its not going to be your everyday typical "racecar" Z doesn't mean its not going to be a cool car.......

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
do you say that about every show car? :rolleyes: Just because its not going to be your everyday typical "racecar" Z doesn't mean its not going to be a cool car.......

Sorry, didn't mean to flame on ya.. just confuses me when people buy a car with so much performance potential, and then hack it apart in the name of making it a show car. I get the show car scene, but can't ya find a way around the strut bar so you don't have to degrade performance while rendering an otherwise good car undrivable?

But hey, to each his own. I just got a feeling you'll regret it if you cut out the strut bar. But IF you have to, why not cut it out and add a full cage to the car? That'll "look cool", won't it?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Gee, I kind of like mine. I think I'll string Christmas lights on it! :irock:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im sorry as well.....didnt mean to get so defensive. I drive a 365 whp EVO, so I dont really need another performance car. I just think the 350z is gorgeous, and i would like it to be a show car :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts