Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sure know how to push their buttons at my350z.com. They banned my IP address without warning, strikes or anything. This is the second time. I only found out they unbanned it earlier by mistake.

I got in an argument with hfm because he told a nasty lie about me on the board, and refused to apologize. Why that is grounds for banning I will never know.

When they ban my IP address, they effectively ban every computer at my international law firm, because we all have the same IP address through a computer network run out of Chicago.

Oh well, it really is for the best. Surfing that board is not good for my mental health. There are so many idiots there and I just don't suffer fools gladly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Totally agree. Although I have never recieved a strike or anything, that place has gotten to be ridiculous lately. Its become as bad as a civic board. There are rarely any more informative posts. Just flaming and bickering.
Thats why I am here now. I love this board!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
HFM is an Admin over there under cover..He threatened to have some of his "cop buddies" greet my sorry ass then banned me for ALEDGEDLY threatening Rouxeny...They are such HOMOs over there...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wow! You guys certainly take this car business a little too seriously!

There is nothing about our cars that warrants physical threats, or really even any real serious arguments. The strongest arguments I've seen are in the "off topic" threads dealing with political issues.

I think everyone needs to take a step back and think about what they are saying/doing on these sites. We're supposed to be discussing the 350Z, not taking personal shots at each other.

Can't we all just get along?

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
i check that site out now and then, but it does get bad with the personal attacks, mostly by the moderating team. that will not happen here

·
Registered
538 Posts
One of the toughest things to monitor on when a site gets big (besides the inevitable flaming, etc) is keeping the forums organized and useful. Things like multiple threads on the same subject and threads in the wrong forums make navigation and information gathering difficult for the members.

We are working diligently to keep the site useful and avoid the issues mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Originally posted by gdojr@May 1 2004, 09:21 AM
One of the toughest things to monitor on when a site gets big (besides the inevitable flaming, etc) is keeping the forums organized and useful. Things like multiple threads on the same subject and threads in the wrong forums make navigation and information gathering difficult for the members.

We are working diligently to keep the site useful and avoid the issues mentioned above. 

exactly. if the mods spent more time modding their threads and less time flaming, all would be great on that site. BTW, this site is nt the first site i have modded for so i am pretty sure i know what i am talking about. their site would be a good one if they just fixed those discrepancies.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Glad to hear that this site is civilized. Never been to the 'other' one you guys are mentioning, and now I'll just avoid it.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
jinx - did you get your car back and how is it doing?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This site is great. We don't need the volume of traffic that the Evil Board has. I don't need 50,000 reviews of a particular mod. 2 or 3 are plenty. The more traffic you have, the more trolls you get.

I am going to a SoCal 350Z Club meet at the Hooters in Anaheim tonight at 6:00 p.m. PDT (Sat. May 1). I expect hfm to be there. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@May 1 2004, 12:17 PM
This site is great.  We don't need the volume of traffic that the Evil Board has.  I don't need 50,000 reviews of a particular mod.  2 or 3 are plenty.  The more traffic you have, the more trolls you get.

I am going to a SoCal 350Z Club meet at the Hooters in Anaheim tonight at 6:00 p.m. PDT (Sat. May 1).  I expect hfm to be there.  Stay tuned.

Tell HFM I think very highly of him...NOT..

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
As josh said with all your help i feel that this board can be a great board. i think the problem with a lot of boards is the moderating actions not being taken. I think we got a great crew here to make a friendly and knowledgable forum. I also think the difference is that certain ADMINS (*cough my350z cough*) dont listen to their moderators for advice. I think this is essential for a forum to grow and be a great

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I agree!!!I was abused and then BANNED myself by their moderating team...If any of them start their BS here it will ruin our site!!
Long live 350z-TECH and down with the EVIL board!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, so I went to the SoCal 350Z Club meet at Hooters in Anaheim last night. Actually, it was kinda boring. There were over 30 cars, but I have been to several of these types of meets before. If they are not attached to a canyon run or a racetrack event, it's getting old hat. I did get to see a car with the Power Enterprise twin turbo. I think it was Cheston's car.

hfm was there. We never made eye contact. It's just as well. No reason to get into a real world fight over a cyberspace feud. Everyone keeps saying he is a lawyer, but I found out he has not passed the California bar exam yet. In the interests of fairness, he has never claimed to be a lawyer, and when I asked him about it on the Evil Board, he told the truth. Now if he would just tell the truth about me.

Here are some pics from 3 of the SoCal 350Z Club meets. They are having a vote on the name for the club, but "SoCal 350Z Club" is by far the best choice, so I'm gonna call it that no matter what name wins the vote.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pic 2 - lineup on Pacific Coast Hiway during Latigo Cyn. / Mulholland Hiway run last month

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3 I love this guy's hood. Looks like a 575 Maranello. Don't usually like cosmetic mods, but this one is kewl. He's got a Vortech SC under there

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts