Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one to get STi or 350Z . If 350 then which one? touring, track,etc... mod? hear it gets really spendy for da Z. How about insurance for a 24 single m clean driving record? 200 per month ...
" f " in insurance companies. well if anyone can give me a response i will greatly
it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">If you honestly want opinions about which car is better, asking of Z and STi forums is not the way to go about it. You should go to general car forums and ask. gen[M]ay is usually a good place for that.

As far as trims go, it all depends on what you want in terms of options. If you want leather, you are left with only the Touring. If you don't, the other trims start from the Base and make changes throughout. A lot of people say the Enthusiast is the best place to start, others say it's the Base. Some people want the Track for the Brembos and the navi. And in the middle of all the is the Performance. All of the trims come with the same engine, transmission, and suspension.

As far as modding goes, parts are still relatively expensive because the car is still new. Also, you won't notice too many gains unless you decide to go F/I (the STi already is).

As for insurance, well that varies greatly from state to state. Your relationship with your carrier can also affect your rate.

But honestly, drive the two cars. You're comparing a RWD sports car to an AWD sports sedan. Which one is better depends on what you're looking for from the car.</span>

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i would get the z.. i dont really like the way the sti looks.. too close to a grocery getter

which model z depends entirely on you.. what do you want to do with it? just drive it?, mod it? track it?

insurance on the z isnt much more than a regular sedan in most cases. I had the same quote for a honda civic that i did for a z.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
To quote myself from another thread that poses the same question:

"Hmm...this is a 350Z forum, so I'm going to suggest you stay away from the Subaru. They're ugly, don't last very long, and every dealer thinks you're going to race it so there goes your warranty...

Modding any car is spendy. It all depends on what you want and what makes you happy. Insurance is partly based on where you live, so you could have a Buick Riviera and pay through the nose if you live in the ghetto. If you're worried about price, get the Performance which comes with some upgraded stuff but isn't as spendy as the Touring or Track if you're looking to do mods."

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Yeah Smooth, he asked that question in someone else's thread too.

And like I said, all you're going to get here is "buy the Z over the STi" answers</span>

·
Registered
538 Posts
Get the STi.

Although it does not look as good as the Z right off the lot, you can add big coffee can exhaust pipes, purple neon to the under carraige, neon license plate holders, and a big fin on the back to make it look much classier than the Z.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Neither one. Get an EVO RS. $27,000 msrp, and you might get a discount. Motor Trend tested the '04 at 0 - 60 mph in 4.4 seconds. That's before the '05 model, which gets a 5 hp bump, and more weight savings like aluminum roof. Easily modfiable. Looks like a shiddy econobox (no EVO 8 wing) -- fools the cops.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just wanted to show ma gratitude and write back. probably get the track or maybe the touring but i now know that they all come with the same engine n stuff so i dont have to worry which one is the best . i will still keep in touch so when i have n e questions o want some mods stuff i will come here n ask .
thanks again
a round foe all the Z's fan.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Sep 27 2004, 10:08 PM
Neither one.  Get an EVO RS.  $27,000 msrp, and you might get a discount.  Motor Trend tested the '04 at 0 - 60 mph in 4.4 seconds.  That's before the '05 model, which gets a 5 hp bump, and more weight savings like aluminum roof.  Easily modfiable.  Looks like a shiddy econobox (no EVO 8 wing) -- fools the cops.

sorry Richard, no matter what the car has i will never own another MItsubishi car again.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's obvious that you will get a lot of bias answers here. It all depends in you past experiences and budget.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Steve350Z+Sep 28 2004, 06:08 PM-->QUOTE (Steve350Z @ Sep 28 2004, 06:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Richard 350z
@Sep 27 2004, 10:08 PM
Neither one.  Get an EVO RS.  $27,000 msrp, and you might get a discount.  Motor Trend tested the '04 at 0 - 60 mph in 4.4 seconds.  That's before the '05 model, which gets a 5 hp bump, and more weight savings like aluminum roof.  Easily modfiable.  Looks like a shiddy econobox (no EVO 8 wing) -- fools the cops.

sorry Richard, no matter what the car has i will never own another MItsubishi car again.

I agree. Wayyy too many things wrong with Mitsubishi right now. The Evo may be fast and all but just way fugly IMO and reliability may be questionable in the next few years. Just every Mitsu that people I have known to own has had serious problems and has fallen apart very quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts