Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Swaybars.

The OEM springs and dampers are already quite reasonable for a street setup in terms of their bump absorption while providing a progressive weight transition, but the car bodyrolls a tad too much and understeers.

Swaybars will dial out both to a certain extent, are easy to install, and are cheap.

I will caveat that by saying that tires are technically the best bang-for-buck handling mod. If you've worn your existing tires down you have to replace them anyway, so spending an extra $100 on good rubber over crappy rubber is the cheapest way to improve your braking, cornering and standing start acceleration.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I will caveat that by saying that tires are technically the best bang-for-buck handling mod. If you've worn your existing tires down you have to replace them anyway, so spending an extra $100 on good rubber over crappy rubber is the cheapest way to improve your braking, cornering and standing start acceleration.
+1! Tires are one of the best investments and will make the car feel completely different. Sway bars come in a close second. Hotchkis has a TVS kit with springs and sway bars for a good price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have planned to upgrade the tires from 225/45/18f 245/45/18r to 245/40/18f 265/40/18 r when they wear out.any recomendations on which swaybars to go with or about what they cost?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Agree with the sways. You just missed a deal on Springs and Sways from Hotchkis/ Intense Motorsports. Also invest in a good set of tires. Suspention mods are only as good as the tires that can handle the punishment.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Best Bang for the Buck ~> http://intensepower.com/host1tvskit3.html Call For Best Pricing. (Tell Them Robert_K from the forums sent ya ;) )

The Hotchkis Stage 1 TVS is an all inclusive kit that has been designed and tested as a system. No need to mix and match components. The Stage 1 TVS kit is designed to improve performance on daily driven vehicles while still offering a comfortable ride. Stage 1 kits include Sport Coils and Sport Sway Bars.

Hotchkis Tuning Sport coils offer the performance you seek, and the comfortable ride you deserve. Made from cold wound silicon steel, our springs are linear rate, and are powder coated seabring silver.

Front: 9/16" (15mm) Drop
340 lbs/in
Stock 310lbs/in

Rear: 3/4" (19mm) Drop
330 lbs/in
Stock 350 lbs/in

Hotchkis Tuning Sport Sway bars improve your handling and reduce body roll. Turn in with confidence and late brake in the corners with our track tested lightweight hollow sway bars. Sway bar sets include front and rear bars, greasable bushings, and brackets. Bars now come with welded retaining rings.

Sway Bar Specs:
Front: 1 3/8" (35MM) Tubular(Bar Weight 13.5lbs)
4 Position Adjustable
Rear: 15/16"(24mm) Tubular(bar weight 5.5lbs)
3 Position Adjustable

Bar Rates:
350Z Front
Hole 1 = 1525 lbs/in (22% Stiffer than stock)
Hole 2 = 1845 lbs/in (48% Stiffer than stock)
Hole 3 = 2270 lbs/in (82% Stiffer than stock)
Hole 4 = 2855 lbs/in (129% Stiffer than stock)

Rear:
Hole 1 = 520 lbs/in (80% Stiffer than stock)
Hole 2 = 655 lbs/in (125% Stiffer than stock)
Hole 3 = 840 lbs/in (185% Stiffer than stock)

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
From what I have heard, the 350Evo Bars blow everyhting else out of the water. They cost a little more, but they are definately an awesome product. They are for sure my next mod, and long over-due at that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of cost am i looking at and what do the differnt settings do as far as under/oversteer?how rough is the increase in spring rates and are new struts recomended(i have 20k miles)?if so what struts are recomended

·
Registered
202 Posts
From what I have heard, the 350Evo Bars blow everyhting else out of the water. They cost a little more, but they are definately an awesome product. They are for sure my next mod, and long over-due at that.
better than hotchkis, stillen, nismo, cusco, and eibach. Which of these or any other brand are also very good?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts