Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched a while now and found a couple people with a similar issue but no results.. Okay so my 05 touring 6mt has had a decent vibration over the last few months.. Didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it ASSUMING is was just some warped front rotors.. Okay so over the last few days it has gotten progressively Worse!! I replaced rotors only to find this wasn't my issue at all.. Put the car on lift and went thru the gears and every time it would start making the horrible vibration around 35-40mph... Vibrates at any speed but worst there. I felt my drive shaft and doesn't seem like any out of the ordinary play in it. The shifter bounces and the whole car shakes. I don't believe it would be my flywheel since it still vibrates even with the clutch in or in neutral at these speeds. Anyone have an answer for this yet? Also I've ran 3 different sets of wheels on the car so I know it's not a warped or out of balance wheel

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Engine or tranny mount perhaps? Just a stab in the dark.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engine and tranny mounts are both good. Any other suggestions? I haven't had time to actually pull out the drive shaft and check it but from just looking underneath the car the driveshaft doesn't have any out of the ordinary play in it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Since you had it on the lift, therefore no contact between suspension and ground, it almost has to be drive train related. Got to say, never heard of your problem before and I'm stumped as well. :dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about a rear wheel bearing? Any of you guys ever had a rear wheel bearing go bad on you? I don't really think that's my issue but there's not a whole lot really that it could be.. Wheel bearing would explain why the vibration changes even in the slightest curve while driving.. Steering right it gets worst and steering left tones the vibration down a little.(or vise versa minds blank)

·
Registered
2 Posts
you know... Im just a noob here but I recognize your problem.
I had a similar issue in this 5-speed civic I used to own.
I'm not sure if Z's can have this problm but it turned out to be an fuel injection issue. I guess years over time bad fuel F's up your injectors.
it might be worth looking into might not
hope thats not too bad of a guess

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank ya lucky but its not the issue this time..it's done it even before installing all s/c mods and also 440cc injectors and walbro fuel pump so that would illuminate that issue.. It's definetly a bad joint, bearing, ect

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you tried jacking up the car and grabbing the tires at 12 and 6 and seeing if the bearings are going? When you have a bad bearing the hub will become loose and it's readily apparent when you try wiggling the tire. Any play = bad bearing. Another test is after a drive you can feel the center of your wheels and check to see if one is hotter than the others but the better test is to just get a jack and get the tires off of the ground.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I've done both.. Wheels don't have any play and neither are warmer than the other. Thanks for advice.. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a u joint I just haven't had time to pull it out and actually check it yet.. I work all the time and the few hours I'm home I try to spend w the fam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I've done both.. Wheels don't have any play and neither are warmer than the other. Thanks for advice.. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a u joint I just haven't had time to pull it out and actually check it yet.. I work all the time and the few hours I'm home I try to spend w the fam.
Did u ever find out what problem was

1 - 10 of 10 Posts