Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday my wife and I decided to test our dog's (ELVIS) willpower. So we left him all alone outside on the deck with a small peice of steak on the table. So we went inside and watched for a few to see what he would do, with camera in hand. So he looks around for a bit to make sure we are gone, then proceeds to go on the chair and sniff the table.A few moments later he puts his front paws on the table to get a better advantage point of the steak, but he still can not quite reach.So next he looks around a bit more then decides to go COMPLETELY on the table and eats the steak as we snap the below photo..CAUGHT IN THE ACT!! That little S.O.B. quickly jumped down after eating the steak and proceeded to mind his own business and walk around the yard.When we came out to remove the plate he then acted like he didnt know the steak was gone and started begging for food as we grabbed the plate.What a little "F" ing actor,he should get an acadamy award for that..Any way here is the photo and the moral of the story is, DOG + STEAK= STEAK GONE..I am just curious to see if everyone monitored their dogs with cameras while they werent around the crazy **** they would catch on film!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That's too funny Julian. I've caught my dogs doing tons of sh!t like that, but never on camera

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
One time I was all pumped about this steak I was about to cook. Maybe I'm weird, but I love steak, so the possibility of eating it in the near future is exciting.

Anyway, so it's on the counter marinating, and I'm running around the house doing random stuff here and there and I come back to an empty plate. My dog got the steak off the counter, without pulling the plate down with it, ate the whole thing (I'm talking like 1.5 lbs) and this was when he was about 6 months old.

**** dog.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I'd love to see what our dogs do during the day. I think they secretly plot on how much drool they can fling on me as I come home. They have a drool stash I think. Then they again plot on how to get me to sleep on the couch so they can get back in the bedroom (they got kicked out when I moved in!). Then of course there is the kitty. We know that when both dogs were out, (we went to the lake w/ them both) the kitty escapes her upstairs abode, and sneaks downstairs...we caught her in the middle of the living room. And apparently she peed in the big plant we have b/c the boy dog Da BoZ, lifted his leg on that sucker several times. Yes, they plot against me! LOL

Too funny Julian, Elvis is a natural actor! LOL

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I had set 2 sirloins out to thaw on the back deck and got busy inside doing something else. When out to get the steaks and they were gone. The HU had let 'Shak' out to play and was not watching him. He ate both steaks (10lbs) and then hid the wrapping. I was so pissed. i had to go to the store and buy two more for fajaita night.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Jesus, 10 pounds of beef? I'd have to reward him for being so **** persistent.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I am about ready to go ballistic on my dog! This lab is driving me and my family nuts! She digs, she scratches, she doesn't listen, and she's prone to chew and eat everything she shouldn't.

The dog raises my blood pressure sooo quickly that I catch myself lashing out at her. Today, we had her outside so she could get some fresh air and exercise. So what does she do? I think we've told her a million times not to jump on us, and she does it anyway, this time with cold, wet, muddy paws. So what do I do? Squeeze her paw to get the point across. I doubt if she'll remember it.

I think my wife truly hates the dog because the kids are her first priority, and the dog is worse than a baby. You can't leave her alone. I've tried to be as nice and accomodating to the dog as possible. I know she somewhat acknowledges me as the alpha male, but I think she's beyond redemption. The worst part is the boys are really attached to her, and my wife and I want to get rid of the dog.

My trim around the doors is ruined, my backyard has holes all over it, I don't know how many toys she's destroyed, a bush is dead, grass is dead, and I can't trust her to be outside all the time. I don't depend on my wife to do a lot for the dog since she's busy, so I try to do most of it. I take the dog for walks, take her to the dog park, feed her good dog food with some milk added, let her sleep inside, but she's good for nothing. Absolutely nothing. This is THE worst dog I've ever owned.

We are considering getting the shock collar with a remote that only the adults have access to. I think we'll use it for when she digs, barks excessively, jumps on anybody, or gets out of hand.

It's too bad...I love animals and dogs especially. We used to have a Golden Retriever that was the best dog I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I think we were spoiled.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

classes....that's all you need. classes. :)

about the doggy-video...my co-worker has a camera on top of his computer at home to watch the dog. it's too funny. she's always chewing up something! haha.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Dave, I wish I had the time. I really do. I've talked to so many 'experts' about how to handle my dog. I've tried just about every home remedy because I grew up with dogs and I think I should give it a chance before going to someone else.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Damnit these dogs have a sense of their own for sure. I was in the shower minding my own business when my dog decided to take his chances on my 18 oz. steak that was defrosting on the counter.

The ******* ate half of it before I caught him... and if you think I threw the other half away, then you obviously have a different view of red meat than I do. Lets just say I was satisfied, and he was punished. **** dog...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
:lmfao: chuck........omg........ too funny. Dogs do tend to have a mind of their own........good luck Smooth, it's going to take some work but you will master that one.....just be patient. I know a couple of ppl w/ labs that are just nuts, the one across the street just goes and goes on for days, jumping all over you running into the street but's she's cute. A ball of fire, but cute.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Smooth, I used to have the sme problems. Crate training worked wonders on my dog. As for the jumping, they say stick a knee out and let htem hit it with their chest. If every time they jump up, they get a knee, hopefullt they'll learn. Of course, mine jsut learned not to do it to me.. *sigh*

Worst thing mine still does is sleep ont he couch when I'm not around, but I've come home quietly and caught her in the act a couple times!

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
What's crate training? Cute dog, BTW.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts