Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my search for a cure, I have reset the code using the 4x key method. The code does clear but always returns, sometimes in hours or a few days. I pulled the passenger seat and unplugged all wiring connectors and carefully used di-electric grease when re-connecting, I zip-tied the yellow airbag connector, (was not prior.) Cleared the code it stayed off for a whopping 2 days.

Does anybody have anything else for me to try? I would really appreciate any advice.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
It would help to understand what happened for your Z to be getting an airbag code in the first place. How many miles on which model? Did you inherit this problem, or was it a new one that recently occurred?

Getting a lot of these repair thread requests with no background info...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would help to understand what happened for your Z to be getting an airbag code in the first place. How many miles on which model? Did you inherit this problem, or was it a new one that recently occurred?

Getting a lot of these repair thread requests with no background info...
Sorry, it is an Enthusiast convertible, 6 speed with 78k. Light came on out of the blue, no accidents or bumps. Been on for a few months now. Actually now that you asked I do remember pulling up on a friend's lawn and I dug the right front fascia into the grass just a bit. The only damage It caused was a very small crack in the bumper cover where the upper and lower pieces of the bumper meet and fasten to the car just inside the right front wheel well. I didn't think too much about it at the time, I was too pissed at my self. The timing of the two is probably pretty close.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Now, it begins to make sense! The B1129 code is for a short or electrical misconnection of the RF airbag. Driving with this on could be hazardous for any passenger in your '04 enthusiast ZR! Have you checked all the connections and wiring from the airbag sensor (located under the center hood latch) back to the airbag harness itself? My guess is something got stretched, pulled or disconnected when the front bumper was damaged on the lawn.

You may need to diassemble the bumper and look behind the plastic fender liners to find the problem. This can be a difficult DIY project if you don't have a garage, tools and time. Let us know what you discover!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now, it begins to make sense! The B1129 code is for a short or electrical misconnection of the RF airbag. Driving with this on could be hazardous for any passenger in your '04 enthusiast ZR! Have you checked all the connections and wiring from the airbag sensor (located under the center hood latch) back to the airbag harness itself? My guess is something got stretched, pulled or disconnected when the front bumper was damaged on the lawn.

You may need to disassemble the bumper and look behind the plastic fender liners to find the problem. This can be a difficult DIY project if you don't have a garage, tools and time. Let us know what you discover!
Makes sense, I have seen videos of the sensor you are referencing, is there just the one sensor up front? Any other suggestions while I have it all apart? Any tips about the job? I haven't had the car long this will be my first time taking off the bumper. Thank you. I appreciate your help

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Take a look at the FSM, but I'd start by jacking up the front and supporting it with jackstands in the jacking points. Pull off the front tire/wheels and bottom engine pan before starting to remove the bumper. 10 mm socket and wrench, flathead and phillips screwdrivers should be what you need to start.

·
Super Moderator
1,772 Posts
Did you trace the harness all the way up into the IPDM or inside the cockpit? If your report is accurate, there's got to be a connection between the bumper and onset of the airbag codes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts