Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My B&M Short Shifter arrived yesterday evening, right before my 6:30-9:30 class so I didn't get a chance to install it until this morning.

Installation:
Was a very straight forward and easy, took me a couple of hours but I was also lollygagging around. B&M gives good directions and even *gasp* PICTURES.

Shifting Impressions:
Throw is much shorter (if that's possible), going from neutral to any gear is simply flicking your wrist and from 1 to 2 feels much more precise now. It goes into the gears easier now, it just takes a little more effort getting them there (How in the **** that makes sense I'll never know).

Driving Impressions:
Now I really don't know if this is gonna help any 1/4 times out, but shifting is much quicker now. And it's strong too, I put it through the test and it didn't snap so it's of good build quality.

All in all, I'd def. recommend this product, I'd never go back to stock after driving this.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I installed mine a couple months ago and love it. Have had zero problems and throw is noticeably shorter. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yep, I have my installed and agree it's awesome. Installation was a breeze and B&M supplied a good quality product with very detailed instructions.

I do have a question for you guys. There are times when shifting into any of the gears it seems like it's not quite lined up the way it should. I guess the easiest way to describe it is if you were to shift from neutral, the shifter is basically centered but it feels like when going to 3rd or 4th that I have to adjust it slightly to the right at the point it engages. Is everyone confused?
Is it possible for it to be off if you installed everything back to its original place? I was going to pull the boot back up and slide the bracket over a bit to see if it helps but thought I'd ask the question first.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i dont track my car except when im drving on the roads here in TX

i have not had any issues with shifting into high RPM's et. i had to change the shift knob and to get rid of some noises i had with the stock shifter rubbing

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the shifter from LB but he didn't have the instructions. Does anyone have the installation instructions and could they e-mail them to me? My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

az240z

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just got mine installed today. Feels good but will take getting used too....especially with the new Vortech!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Mossy is coming out with a new short shifter that is different than all the rest. You can adjust it, i think 4 different positions. Higher than stock, stock height, half of stock height, and the last is supposedly EXTREMELY short. the lower it goes the more effort it requires to get in of corse. And the higher than stock one requires no effort at all supposedly. I personally didnt like the B&M because it changed the place you shift into each gear, when i driving daves car i found myself looking for t he gears every time i shifted and i still have yet to get into sixth. Just seems too weird

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Installed my B&M S.S. about a month ago, and yeh, 5th and 6th were very interesting at first. Maybe I broke it in or just got used to it, but 5th is no longer a problem for me as long as I shift from 4th. Finding 5th from 6th is a different story.

I have a question, I screwed all the bolts in and put that rubber boot on underneath the car when I remembered that I forgot to apply the grease. So right now the S.S. is not lubed, but feels fine and smooth still. Can this cause prolonged damage down the road? Does it make a lot of sense to take everything apart just to lube it up? Thanks ahead of time for the answers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts