Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i ditched my B&M and i am glad i took it out!!

i think that it is a piece of crap. the short shifter seems to stick a lot and was a pain going from 4th-->5th and 5th-->6th. i didint have any luck with it and it just wasnt right for me!

i put the stock shifter back in and i couldnt believe how much smoother it felt. i had no issues going to and from all the gears and overall i will stick with this one.

what was i thinking on going with the B&M shifter in the first place.

well my rants over, and i think im gonna throw it in the trash!!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lol: Some things are better left untouched. I always thought the stock shifter was fine anyway. I know that it's got a short throw, and the B&M only improved by 30% at most. There are some things about the Z I truly love and would never change. That's why I have such a hard time doing things to her when I liked the original layout anyway.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I felt the same way Jaysen. I went back to stock and cant believe how much better stock feels!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
From what I've heard, Mossy makes an adjustable one that's supposed to be a lot nicer than the clunker B&M has out. Then again, it's twice as expensive.

I've only felt one B&M shifter on a G35, and it took about an extra second of wiggling to get it into 5th gear than the stock one does.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It seems no one has liked this shifter. I think I liked the idea of having a special "race shifter" on my car when in reality the stock shifter is fine. And after hearing numerous stories of what a POS the B&M unit is am way happy with the stock shifter and glad I stuck with it.

But really what the heck is wrong with the folks at B&M? Why even make a product that sucks so badly? Take it off the market for gosh sake.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I currently have the B&M on mine, and prefer the way it feels over stock. I do experience grinding when going into gears (with radio turned on you can't hear it), so I had the dealer check out my tranny and they say that this is normal for all 6MT 350Zs - ok.

I really like the tighter feel and shorter throws of the B&M. As far as quality is concerned, I'm sure there are others that beat the B&M in quality, but its not that bad IMO.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Grinding is normal? Hot ****, my car must be super then! My Z is so smooth and quiet, I thank the stars that I have such a well built car. :bow: I guess the gremlins were off that day on the assembly line in Japan...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I guess they didn't make the 'worst mods' thread for nothin...

Has anyone bothered to tell B&M what a POS that shitter is?....

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
nice to see a forum where the admin is not afraid to bash a site sponsor :)

My B&M is shorter than the stock, but the grind is still there. The grind is there for BOTH the stock and B&M shifters..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Aug 5 2005, 12:18 PM

My B&M is shorter than the stock, but the grind is still there. The grind is there for BOTH the stock and B&M shifters..
[snapback]142166[/snapback]​

Toykilla, this problem has been bothering me ever since I installed that shifter, so it calms me down that it is not just me experiencing this issue.

I took the shifter apart and re-assembled it a total of three times before I just gave up.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Aug 5 2005, 01:18 PM

[snapback]142166[/snapback]​

why bullshit around, might as well tell how i truley feel about it.

sponsor or not i will not lie about a product that is crap IMO

·
Registered
853 Posts
Took out my POS B&M!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow! I really dont understand how you guys can hate the B&M so much. Mine is great. The throws are much shorter and tighter than stock. I have had some grinding but it was there with the stock shifter also. No complaints with it here.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I HATE MY B&M - it is junk. I am going to remove mine this weekend. It rattles so bad that I rather not drive my car.

~Z~

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by 35Ounces@Aug 10 2005, 02:47 PM
Wow!  I really dont understand how you guys can hate the B&M so much.  Mine is great.  The throws are much shorter and tighter than stock.  I have had some grinding but it was there with the stock shifter also.  No complaints with it here.
[snapback]144274[/snapback]​

This is my experience as well.. the grinding is neither better nor worse with the B&M. i do enjoy the shorter throw.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by Zach@Aug 10 2005, 03:52 PM
I HATE MY B&M - it is junk. I am going to remove mine this weekend. It rattles so bad that I rather not drive my car.

~Z~
[snapback]144308[/snapback]​

mine doesnt rattle

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Ahhhhh ..... and so ....

:headshake: As I eyeball the B&M sitting ... waiting ..... hmmmm ..... STILL waiting ..... for the install. Looking more and more like a trip to eBay for it.

Seriously. The negatives *seem* to weigh out the positives for the shifter. Wonder what a poll would indicate .. rated from POS to SICK ... ha!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts