Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else have a severe rattle coming from there B&M? I have tired several shift knobs and it still rattles?

~Z~

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
that is a very common problem with teh B&M.. try removing that little bronze bushing near the threads..

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the B&M shifter and i think the rattle is coming from the plastic cup. It doesn't fit snug and rattles back and forth. I put some silicon around the cup as a buffer. Just remember when it dries you will have to give it one good pop to break it free....so you can shift to reverse. It has helped dampen the noise problem.

Another method would be to buy a pack of shims(small metal strips with varying thickness) then insert those along the sides of the black cup so that it can not rattle around.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to try something this weekend. I do not have that gold ring thing anymore it just makes so much **** noise.

~Z~

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I understand that B&M came out with a version 2 of the shifter to fix some of the problems. I have the shifter still sitting in a box ... as I took a tour of Kuwait and when I came back became aware of the problems people have been having. I've heard that B&M has replaced the original model with the ver 2 for some people. Does anyone know if this version 2 is identified on the box or in the instructions?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought mine and I would asume that I have the later version and it still rattles.

I dont know how to tell which one I got either but if I can get it fixed I am going to take it out and use it as a paper weight. because it is annoying as all ****.

~Z~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts