Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I was one of the first peeps to install the B&M Short shifter in my 350Z. I tried many attempts to get the vibration out of it by over tightening the shift knob, thread tape, then locktight... I gave up. I also had a problem with the block on the right hand side wearing out and causing me to miss 5th gear.

I called B&M and talked to the support/tech guy. They man actually listened to my problems, told me there had been a redesign, and asked where I had purchased the shifter. He did a quick check then came back and said I would be getting a brand new shifter. No BS and no excuses!

All I am going to say is those guys are great and I wish customer service was that good everywhere.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** I may have to call them then. I have a small vibration in mine when I accelerate hard. Thanks for the info Llare!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey glad I could help... yeah my vibration was always there. It was annoying too. I tried so many times to retighten the shifter that I have ruined my shift knob
!

But its all good because I have new shift knob coming from Zeetoyz

Attachments

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea i have a shift knob from them as well and my vibration is very minimal and doesnt bother me anymore

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
great to hear reviews like that. good to know there are good companies out there that care for the concerns of car enthusiasts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
should do it as a more extensive write up and add it to the how-to section. looks great

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Steve350Z@Sep 29 2004, 05:38 PM
should do it as a more extensive write up and add it to the how-to section.  looks great

Yeah I have done a lot of write up in the past at Motoring... my only problem is I am always stressed for time since I have no garage to work on my car. I was out in the street doing my brake upgrade working in the dark with just a flashlight until 3:00 AM... LOL

When doing a detailed write up I think one should have time to make note of all the details. I also think they should include pictures to help people understand what you are trying to tell them. My problem is I am usually too dirty to even touch my camera. I need to hire someone to take photos while I work on my car

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you know the phone number to B&M? I ask because I have the same excact problem and it sucks. I bought mine new off of e-bay so I do not have a contact number to B&M.
Yammy1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah man I all did was search for B&M on the web and get the tech support number off there website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks alot I did the excact same thing you did and they were great. I should have my new redesigned shifter soon..
Yammy1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts