Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This storm is rolling through my area and I got lucky taking some pics with a digital camera:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt!

J/k, we've been getting a lot of storms recently in Florida and it's pretty cool to see it strike several times a minute (that rarely happens though). I wish I had a camera to take pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Wow. That first shot is really cool. We've been getting a lot of storms lately too. Mostly just rain. Some lightning. I blame jinxxy cause she lets them leave Pittsburgh and come here.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
That is so cool in that first pic. Lightning bolts have been the topic of a couple threads lately but on this one lightning bolts are actually cool.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by NismoKid@Jun 18 2004, 09:01 AM
Lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt!

<span style="color:darkblue">It took me till just now to get what you were talking about. Haha
</span>

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first pic was just pure luck. If you've used a digital camera you know how hard it would be to take a pic of something that last a split second. We had lightning strikes about every 2-3 secs for about 20 minutes so I just pointed and clicked and what do you know. Due to the settings I had to use on my camera it caused some flare ups. The orange squiggly crap in the pic is actually the street lights. Since I wasn't using a tripod the camera wasn't real steady which that is the result. I was just sitting on my patio drinking beer and relaxing as it rained. I'm glad everyone liked the pics. :goodtimes:

Storms are great as long as they are mild. No hail, tornados, etc just a good wash and some spectacular lightning. Of course here in Kansas tornados and hail come very often. Just a few weeks ago over Memorial weekend we had 92 tornados, week after that I think we had 60, and the week after that about 60. Several of the tornados tore up alot of houses. So far with the storms we have had, the biggest pieces of hail we've received have been dime sized. I hope that's all we get. I'm still waiting on my house so until then I'm still parking outside.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I love it when it is like that outside. Just sitting there
and relaxing. Almost nothing better. Well except for
&

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah
and
there's nothing like it!
Two awesome "B" words!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 18 2004, 09:32 AM
Wow.  That first shot is really cool.  We've been getting a lot of storms lately too.  Mostly just rain.  Some lightning.  I blame jinxxy cause she lets them leave Pittsburgh and come here.

LOL yes I send them on your way on a regular basis!

That first pic is awesome! We have had a TON of storms lately, just yesterday afternoon for a 30 minute storm, there were 9 firecalls in our township!
Probably been called out over 50 times in the last 2 weeks....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts