Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 03 touring with the bose system, i want to put in the avic-n1 head unit but will it work fine with the stock speakers and all that untill i can get the $$ to upgrade them?

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
toykilla will be here to answer that, i would think it would be fine until you can afford better speakers

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the exact same setup as you: 03 Touring with Bose system. Originally I was told that I could not put in a different head unit without changing out the speakers, but I found out it was a scam to try and get me to buy extra equipment that was not needed. The only thing you will need is a special converter to convert the signal put out by the new head unit (Avic-N1) to match with what bose is compatible with. The converter is around 40 dollars I think? I am actually about to get the Avic-N1 put in mine hopefully by thursday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You also might check ebay there are some cheaper units on there but you might be taking a little more of a risk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good look, also do yall any experiances with the TV tuner? how is the picture and like whats the deal with it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
haha yea I thought about it but I decided I might rather use the extra money for something else. Who is doing the install? And how much is it going to cost?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i got the avic-n1 installed along with new ecplise componet speakers and i am very pleased with the result, i am thinking about adding a 6disk cd changer as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yea I forgot to tell you but I am already getting a 6 disk put in sat decided ahead of time...I also got a Passport 8500X50 with blue LED and they are going to hardwire it for me

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey@Jun 22 2004, 07:57 PM
Hey you might try this site the unit is a lot cheaper it might save u some money. I bought mine from HiFi buys but then found this site so now I'm taking mine back and ordering it off this site.

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=AVICN1

WOW!! Thanks....
That's the cheapest place that I've seen these units for. It's going to be a couple of months until I get this done so hopefully by then the prices will drop even more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If i could make a suggestion, try going over to your nearest circuit city and ask a car stereo guy if he is going to buy the avic-n1 being offered on the circuit city roadshop page (that shows wiring harnesses and such), if he says no, offer $900 for it if he buys it and gives it to you. I actually work in car stereo over at circuit and pioneer is doing a promotion for us where we can buy the avic n1 for $800, so I'm definitly coming up on that. Better hurry though, it ends on Oct 31.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by clancrash@Sep 22 2004, 12:02 PM
If i could make a suggestion, try going over to your nearest circuit city and ask a car stereo guy if he is going to buy the avic-n1 being offered on the circuit city roadshop page (that shows wiring harnesses and such), if he says no, offer $900 for it if he buys it and gives it to you. I actually work in car stereo over at circuit and pioneer is doing a promotion for us where we can buy the avic n1 for $800, so I'm definitly coming up on that. Better hurry though, it ends on Oct 31.

That's great information but DAMMIT I'm not ready to buy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts