Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would not recommend this vendor to anyone. In fact, I was warned about them from another Z enthusiast in regards to timeliness and customer service. Well, this has gone on far enough!

On May 23rd, I ordered something from their online store and selected 3-day UPS shipping. I immediately received an order confirmation email. One week later, I had not received a tracking number, so I emailed them (because that is the only way to contact them). The next day, I get a billing confirmation email with a UPS tracking number. I find out it is being shipped by ground. Whatever.

Approximately 8 days later, I receive my carbon fiber airguide. I opened it to find the whole piece is broken and irrepairable. I contact UPS immediately (within hours of delivery), filed my claim over the phone, and they came and picked it up the next day. I was told by UPS customer service that they would contact the shipper and let them know of the damaged goods.

Just to make sure, I emailed Autotecknic that night or the next day to let them know what happened. It has been over 2 weeks since that first email, and I have had no reply. I emailed them again, giving them a chance after over a week has passed. I figured that they would've gotten the broken item by now. My last email basically told them that if I did not hear from them within 24 hours (I gave them 3 days), then I would be forced to call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

Well, nothing has happened from Arcadia, CA where Autotecknic is supposedly located, so I called the CC company and filed a dispute. It's ridiculous that I had to email them in the first place to get them to ship me the part 1 week after I ordered it; it's even worse that I have to call my CC company 3 weeks after Autotecknic billed me because AT won't email or call in response to my queries.

:F-you: Autotecknic and your valuable customer service.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That sucks, Dave...Sorry to hear about the experience but thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting their airguide to replace the current "half" CF airguide that I have but I'll probably be looking elsewhere now.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
****. that sucks man! customer service is what runs a company....you screw up once....and everyone knows. they'll lose a ton of customers just because of your bad experience.

·
Registered
598 Posts
that sucks man that has happened to me on some ebay bs. i think intense(vendor) has the same auto tecknic cf cover .
mdzowner

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am confident that my money will go to something better. The CC company gave me a conditional refund. They are sending me a form letter to complete, and I will be attaching supporting documents (emails) to show what I have been going through. When they receive the packet and are satisfied with my efforts, then they will go ahead and make the refund stick.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Having to jump through so many hoops to deal with a situation like this is unexcusable. Glad you posted up about the problem. :clap:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, they have lost one customer. Dave and I heard about this and saw it at Zdayz. We even got a link for a discount price. However, after hearing Dave's experience, I won't be completing my order. I would rather pay more to get good customer service. I have always said that.

Good luck Dave.

·
Registered
20 Posts
SmoothZ,
We have the carbon fiber radiator shrouds in stock! PM us we'll be glad to assist you.

UT

Originally posted by peptidbond@Jun 22 2005, 10:45 AM
Well, they have lost one customer. Dave and I heard about this and saw it at Zdayz. We even got a link for a discount price. However, after hearing Dave's experience, I won't be completing my order. I would rather pay more to get good customer service. I have always said that.

Good luck Dave.
[snapback]119216[/snapback]​

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by UnlimitedTuning+Jun 22 2005, 11:05 AM-->
SmoothZ, 
We have the carbon fiber radiator shrouds in stock!  PM us we'll be glad to assist you.

UT

<!--QuoteBegin-peptidbond
@Jun 22 2005, 10:45 AM

Good luck Dave.
[snapback]119216[/snapback]​

[snapback]119233[/snapback]​

Thanks. I'm going to wait and see this to the end before I order anything else. I'm also looking into buying the G35 spoiler for the coupe and having it installed on my Z.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got an email from them today. What a surprise...they sure were on top of things. :lame:

They want a tracking # which UPS did not provide. I am assuming that UPS uses the same airway bill to fly it back, or the same # when shipped by truck.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The saga continues...

After the email I got from them on the 23rd, I find out that UPS delivered it back on the 17th. So why is AT emailing me saying they did not get the item? :dunno: And yet, I still see no return credit on my account (should I say refund like I asked for?).

This just gets better and better...:bs:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You should be able to have UPS fax you a signed delivery doc. We do it all the time here to prove it was delivered and it shows who at the location signed for it.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by GrumpyZ@Jun 29 2005, 07:21 PM
You should be able to have UPS fax you a signed delivery doc.  We do it all the time here to prove it was delivered and it shows who at the location signed for it.
[snapback]124116[/snapback]​

Good idea! I'll have to do that today. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts