Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I'm trying to fit Spyder/Sonar headlights on my 2007 350Z. I've seen several videos on the swap procedure, so it should be simple.
What bugs me is that nobody ever mention or show the motor-driven leveling setup. The motor is attached to the cable harness that is to be carried over to the new headlights, but there are no gears on these, the motor and gears cannot possible fit. According to some articles on the Internet, such a system is mandatory by law on Xenon headlights, but it seems the Spyder/Sonar kit doesn't support it.
Do all cars have this leveling system, or is mine (sold in Germany) unique in some way?
I'd like to hear from anyone that have more information on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a fair point, but if it's a law, it doesn't take stiffness into account. I found this in a text from 2021: "Self-leveling headlights are already required on new cars in Europe, and they're required on all U.S. cars equipped with bi-xenon headlights. Bi-xenon lights are so bright that they would blind other drivers if they didn't level themselves." But I guess it wasn't required back in 2007, so aftermarket kits don't have it. I can live without it, but now the motor is running continuously, waiting for some sensor input telling it it's OK. There is a separate circuit board for each lamp. I'll have to cut the wires to it and see what happens. I may get an annoying fault message :-( I'm in Sweden btw, but all of EU normally have the same laws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts