Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Can the Auto be re-programmed to change at say 6200 revs? Thank you

You mean instead of 7,000rpm? Why would you want that? Afterall, it will only take it to 7,000rpm if you have the throttle to the floor. If you lift off (even lightly) then it will up-shift earlier. So, why would you want it to up-shift at 6,200rpm at full-throttle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by DavidM@Jun 26 2005, 09:23 PM

You mean instead of 7,000rpm? Why would you want that? Afterall, it will only take it to 7,000rpm if you have the throttle to the floor. If you lift off (even lightly) then it will up-shift earlier. So, why would you want it to up-shift at 6,200rpm at full-throttle?
[snapback]122050[/snapback]​

Hi David, This was to get the auto to shift earlier because of a procharger fitted. So it would change b4 the fuel starving rev limiter cut in. Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I'm not really used to this forum yet. Hope to meet you some time

Allan

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
This was to get the auto to shift earlier because of a procharger fitted. So it would change b4 the fuel starving rev limiter cut in.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why would you keep the pop-charger if you're having fuel-starting issues and needs you to shift at 6,200rpm? In other words, the pop-charger is making your car slower so why not put a filter in that will not sap the perfromance?

Though to answer your question aftermarket ECU can change the limiter, but most people would try to increase it. I think it'll cost about $1000 so not sure if you want to put $1000k into your car just to make it slower.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I'm not really used to this forum yet.

np ... I don't think anyone had a clock on you ;-)

Hope to meet you some time

Sure thing, come to one of the (quicte regular) meets ... are you in Melbourne?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
David i think he means pro charger as in supercharged

if i understand this correctly, and ive prob got in wrong, but the pro charger is centrifigal, so it makes its power at higher rpms, as opposed to a vortech style which sits on top of the cylinders and makes low rpm power. If thats the case, and its running out of puff past 6200rpm, it may not be tuned correctly

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by Alrobins@Jun 26 2005, 06:20 AM
[snapback]122049[/snapback]​

Some 5AT owners with forced induction are having the TS reflash done to raise the rev limiter. There is also a valve body upgrade to provide quicker shifts.

info here:

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/showthr...74&page=2&pp=15

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
David i think he means pro charger as in supercharged

Ooops, my reading skills today are not as sharp as they should be. If it's a supercharger that we're talking about then (of course) there is much more power in the car even with the 6,200rpm limiter. Though as you mentioned, it probably is not tuned properly as 7,000rpm limit is nothing unusual for either of the supercharger types.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts