Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. Guys, I'm new here and this is my first post. I have searched extensively already.

Question.

I've got ATI procharged 350Z with A/T
As most people know the Auto will not shift into the next gear when completely under WOT until it bounces off the rev limiter a couple of times.
Driving it in manual sucks cause it takes like ten minutes to shift so when racing you have to shift about 600 before redline to stay out of the rev limiter.

I had level ten do a valve body upgrade in the expectation that it would shift fast enough to stay out of the rev limiter...Better shifts but not fixing the problem.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I haven't encoountered this issue yet...but I think a valve body upgrade and a torque converter upgrade may solve it. Let me look around for a bit and I'll post up what I can find out.

I know Whosdaddy was running a SC with both the above upgrades and had no issues.

If this thread does not help...search Whosdaddys' posts...he has sold his Z but was an active poster of useful info. I think he had an Edge converter and a tranny fluid cooler, maybe a reflash but not sure...the thread is long but informative.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php...light=Whosdaddy

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see that you have a 2004, so I would check with Technosquare to see if they can perform a "Limited Flash" on your ECU. I think they have broke the 2004 code. Had this done while I was installing my Vortech SC after reading about this problem with the AT on my350z.com. "Limited Flash" will increase throttle from 85% to 100%, Rev Limit increased to 7100 and Speed limit to 200+.

Now my question. How did you like the work performed by Level 10 on your VB and TC. This is about all I have remaining on my list. Was thinking Level 10 for VB and Edge for TC.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks too all above.

Assuming that the Transmission Control Module(separate from the ecu) cannot be re-programmed(which it can't) are we saying that any auto is going to have a little slip in shifting gears and that the additional horsepower increases the slip to the degree that the auto shift command comes to late to complete the shift before the rev-limiter is encountered?

If so raising the rev-limit might allow the extra time to finish the shift before the problem occurs. Good idea.

I know the Vortech install manual specifically states that for auto you have to shift in manual mode when & wot. It appears to be because of the horsepower induced slippage because the car does not use MAP to control shifts. With the supercharger off the car (I took it off to polish it) the tranny acts fine.

As for level ten the jury is still out.

I have not done a torque converter.

When I spoke to Sam about the job I always got very prompt responses from him. We spoke specifically about this issue before I pulled the valve body and sent it to them. I was not looking for firmer shifts, I was looking to resolve this specific issue at hand. They said they were fully aware of it and that it would fix the problem. I recieved the valve body back very quickly and re-installed it myself. It did not fix the problem.
After that he's been slow to respond.
When I called to ask him if perhaps the autos they had worked on had already had thier ecu's reflashed he suggested I do the same. Would have been nice to know that before going down this road.
I'm waiting now for them to do a tranny on a TT/Auto they have in the shop to maybe find some answers so I AM giving them a chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts