Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone knows where's the closest track for auto cross ?
Im in Queens NY... Dont think that Raceway Park in Englishtown has one...
i really want to get into this
thanks

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
not to be off topic but in a few weeks in TX i might be going to the motor speedway or something to go around the track. it only cost like $25 for 3 laps. I bet DiRn would know

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im kind of tired of driving in a straight line , would love to take some corners at high speed - thats what the Z was made for..
well if you go - good luck , kick some a$$..

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
BeaveRun <---click here for website. It's in the Pittsburgh area though, about 7 1/2 hours from Long island (only reference point to which I have driven to in NYC from here) I will be going in September for open lapping day.

Here is Summit Point info (WV) should be closer than pgh

Summit Point

What about Watkins Glen? Can you go out there for a day at the track?
Here is the events calendar for Watkins Glen looks like there are many instructional events (skip barbar school) and SCAA events there. That is probably closer to you than here also...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There are also autocross events held at the meadowlands. Specifically in the parking lots for Giants stadium. I have autocrossed there a few times with the porsche autocross club of northern new jersey (NNJR PCA). I know that there are a few other autocross groups running in NJ you should check out http://www.autox4u.com/ , its a great source of information. Maybe I will see you out there sometime.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Dude I was drivin to Roosavelt Field one day, and I saw an autocross event happening right by the horse track (Im blanking on the name), its like near Eisenhower Park... ahhh well whatever, the point is I didnt figure out what the deal was with it cause I was in my friend's car.

It would have taken too long for me to go back home, get the Z, etc. Plus it was too hot out to do that to a car lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Autocross is usually a parking lot with cones. I've gone to meadowlands, Nassau Coliseum, and Orchard Beach in the Bronx. Those are the closest ones around here.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by LBSOHK@Oct 19 2004, 09:35 PM
is there a track ? or just cones + parking lot ?

Cones in the parking lot of BELMONT Racetrack (I knew the name would come back to me).

Never saw it there again. Must have been a club thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 21 2004, 04:46 PM
Cool to see you've really gotten into the AutoX thing afr0!

Yeah man! Thanks a ton for the links and info you gave me before. Never knew how close they were to my location.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, they go on a lot more than you'd expect. Unfortunately, I haven't been back to one since before I talked to you about it months ago. :cry: Hopefully I'll get more time next year

1 - 16 of 16 Posts