Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

been looking/drooling over some volk wheels lately.. so got a rough price off some online aussie place on the net, cant remember where.. anyway they wanted like 1100 per wheel for 18x9 and 18x10 GT-C's...

does this sound about right?? I thought Racing Hart's were sposed to be really pricey but Bob Janes up the road will do RH 19x9 and 19x10 for about 1020 per wheel which is cheaper for bigger wheels..

Are Volks that much better/expensive ????

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Volk Racing YES!!! a Much better quality or much more i should say it's a Japanese BBS wheels.

But why don't u try and call donnellans and ask them how much.

If i remember correctly they quote me the 19" SF-winning (silver) 8.5 and 9.5 for AU$4000. without Tyres of course and the Tyres for S03 245 and 275 will cost you about $1800.

hope this helps

Cheers

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Volk GTC
19x8.5 Front
19x9.5 Rear

$980 per wheel and centre caps were around $350 for a set of 4.

If you plan on having them insured by your insurance company make sure you check that they are ok with you running such wider wheels.

And 18" wheels look a little small on the 350z, dont forget the track model has 18" wheels stock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Murray's comments are right on the money with regard to price and the insurance companies.

I was quoted approx $1,050 for Volk Racing LE37T (19X8.5 and 19x9.5) from a number of outlets which was exactly the same price as my final choice (Buddy Club). There are so few choices in this size for Zeds if you wish to stay legal.

Insurance companies are getting tough. They agreed to my wheels but told me "no more mods", although it is probable that I can source cover from elsewhere.

Gotta say 19" is the way to go for appearance. Performance may be a different story.

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the replies....

yes i've been tossing up between going for 18's or 19's and so far i was heading for 18's - less $$ for the wheels and I can use existing rubber in the meantime..

BUT after seeing some of the prices you guys have been getting 19's for there seems to be SFA difference between the 18's and 19's in terms of price...

i guess tyres would still be a bit more $$$ though for 19's as opposed to 18's... i was also trying to get something that has roughly the same rolling diameter as well so it doesnt stuff up the VDC . . . but then again, if i leave it OFF like it is 99.9% of the time, i spose it doesnt really matter does it..

And whats the deal with aftermarket wheels and RTA/insurance.. im under the impression you can go inch wider than stock and thats it, which would make 18x9.5 or 19x9.5 illegal seeing as tho the Track wheels are 18x8 front and rear???
and as we all know, more rubber on the road means more grip which on an automobile is a very dangerous thing *cough* hehehe

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
This whole time since I had to take them off ive been trying to get a straight answer as to the best offset and mounting disc for the 19X8.5" for the rear. It was taking about a week for a response each time I had a question which was forwarded onto Volk in Japan, and I dont trust what they were coming back with as their english isnt very good etc and they stuffed up a bit last time. Ive since been trying some US companies and one of them has given me the number of someone who works for Volk in the US and i think this is my man. Ive been trying to ring him for the past week but I dont know what time zone hes in so ive been trying different times of the day etc and havnt been able to get him yet.

Volk have alot of different offsets and mounts and styles etc and I cant trust anyone who doesnt work for Volk because they are just guessing without knowing the exact mm differences.

Basically I want to know how much further out or in some of these different offset are compared to my existing wheels. As the offset alone isnt enough to tell you because of their different mounts and different rim depths. Ive been recommended different things from different people so I need to know the differences between these so I can make the right choice myself.

The Volk website has different numbers again, so I cant even look at that and draw any reliable conclusions.

A few examples.

Face 1
19x8.5+15 Middle disk has 88mm

Face 2
19x8.5"+17 High disk has 63mm rim depth
19x8.5"+18 Middle disk has 75mm
19x8.5"+5 Middle disk has 88mm
19x8.5"+4 High disk has 75mm
19x8.5"-8 High disk has 88mm

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nang3

With regard to legality, I would check with your local RTA (details on website?) as it seems to vary from state to state. I am up to speed with regs in Qld and have had it confirmed that F 19x8.5 (245.35.19) with +22 Offset and R 19x9.5 (275.35.19) with Offset +22 is legal for my car. I could bore you with the rules, but as I said, seems to vary between states.
The only way I could get insurance cover was to point out to the company that my car is legal.

Keep going!!

cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nissan has the Forged Rays as an option ( I have a set) and they are 8JJ front and 8.5JJ which means 9.5JJ are legal 1" wider or do I have it wrong?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey guys,
I know there not quite Volks, but i got a set of 20" HP Design's for my Z, for $3300 with Pirelli rubber from Tempe. **** u guys are willing to pay up to $1100 per wheel. Wish i had that kinda money!! :bump:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The ride is still bumpy, but then it always was... Get alot of looks, not many Z's in the ACT, let alone ones with 20's on em.. :0)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey ACT350Z, can you post a bigger pic of your car with 20's.. or email i to me at my username at hotmail etc.. cheers

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
They are BIG wheels!!!

$3300 is a great price, especially when you consider that each Pirelli tyre is got to be worth at least $500

Do you have assymetrico's on the rear also or directionale tyres on the back?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I dont think they would be P-Zeros.

A warning though,

I bought a set of cheap chrome wheels for my Celica, $1800 for 17" with Falken tyres, bargain!. After about 1 year the chrome starts to fall off, they get marked and they start looking really crap. Its all downhill from there. The car was only worth around $10K so having those wheels on it wasnt too much of a problem, but the Zed is a $66K car, do you want wheels with cracking, chipped, cheap looking chrome on it? The stock wheels would probabally look better on the car after 12months as the other ones will actually make your car look worse.

After going through this you gladly fork out alot of money for quality wheels.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by mchapman@Oct 27 2004, 04:09 AM
I dont think they would be P-Zeros.

That's what I thought when i say the price. But I went and checked the tread pattern with the PZero Assymetrico on the tirerack website and it is the same.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts