Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals,

This is my third audio problem in a year! Exactly the same issue. This problem only effects the CD component.

Basically when you hit a bump, accelerate, break etc and my audio stuffs up.
First it was left side where all the sound will dampen and gives out wowow effect, sometimes it virtually cuts off, sometimes just seems like treble is very low (kinda like underwater effect)
Yesterday first time ever, my rightside did the same thing! then both side at the same time!!!!!

I spoke to Blacktown Nissan and they know about my problem and they called Clarion for an explaination. They believe its the CD something thats causing the problem.

Could they be correct? I am leaning more towards amplifier.

Anyway its rediculously stupid for some consumer product to break twice in one year but three times... :(

Do I have a case for an Upgrade from Nissan?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Guys/Gals,

This is my third audio problem in a year! Exactly the same issue. This problem only effects the CD component.

Basically when you hit a bump, accelerate, break etc and my audio stuffs up.
First it was left side where all the sound will dampen and gives out wowow effect, sometimes it virtually cuts off, sometimes just seems like treble is very low (kinda like underwater effect)
Yesterday first time ever, my rightside did the same thing! then both side at the same time!!!!!

I spoke to Blacktown Nissan and they know about my problem and they called Clarion for an explaination. They believe its the CD something thats causing the problem.

Could they be correct? I am leaning more towards amplifier.

Anyway its rediculously stupid for some consumer product to break twice in one year but three times... :(

Do I have a case for an Upgrade from Nissan?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
do you have the stock stereo/speakers?

Possible there is a speaker wire touching metal somewhere and that would shut off audio sometimes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes they are stock track suppose to be GOOD speakers! LOL is it 7 speaker setup?

thats what I thought before as well but how does this shorting happen when your accelerating on a very smooth surface? :(

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Upgrade from Nissan for issues that they had to contact Clarion about? Good luck getting Nissan to help you with an aftermarket product. Its bad enough trying to get them to fix their own products.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I know that several owners have had theirs replaced because of the same problems. Nissan should be doing that for you.

Does Clarion make the stereo for the Z?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no doubt they are going to replace it without even hearing the problem. What my problem is that it will probably need to be replace in the next 3months (seeing from the trend)

If this model is unreliable as proven here, I should be given an upgrade to prevent this crap thing from happening :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts