Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post where I can get the converter for the Bose stock system and the actual part number or name of the product? I just bought a new HU, installed it, and no sound (I know that it's because of the Bose speakers, but I can't afford new ones right now, and I just want sound!)

All I want to do right now is be able to listen to the new HU that I got without replacing speakers. I know this has been asked before, however, I never saw a straightforward answer. Thanks, you all rock!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
You've got to power up the Bose amp to make it work. If you have a metra wire harness, I think it's either the solid blue or the blue/white wire. At any rate, it will work after you've done that. I had my 7015 hooked up like that for a day or so when my amps were delayed in shipment.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that if I install a new HU without replacing the speakers, over time, the amp (whether on the speakers or just an amp) will burn out the HU. Is this true? Also....anyone know why with a Sony CDX-F5700 I get power, and initially it played just fine, but now I get power and the sound is just a high pitch hissing sound? I returned the unit to the place I bought it and the second unit did the same thing. All of the wires were put together correctly (matched up). I don't know if I fried the HU or not. I really don't want to have to go to Tweeter and pay 400 bucks to have them re-wire and also buy new speakers.....please help!!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also....I stopped for lunch, and afterwards, went back and replugged in the reciever...... to try to unmute the unit (thinking maybe somehow it was going into mute). Suddenly, without changing anything, everything sounded fine! However.....as soon as I try to start putting things back together, after one disconnect, and then reconnecting it again, it goes back to the hissing sound. I can't seem to get it to go away. Not sure what the problem is, although now I don't think the HU is fried. Someone please help.....I'm totally lost!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts