Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've purchased '03 Super Black 350z Track about 2 months ago. I need to get new tires on it. I was thinking about trying out Falken Azenis RT-615 (since falken claims that RT-615's are pretty good on wet surface n rain). I haven't ran into a person that rides on RT-615's. I've checked out the tire sizes for my car for the Azenis and fortunately they have the right sizes for both front and rear (except the thickness isn't 45...instead 40...but i dont think thats gonna be a problem). If you know ANYTHING about the RT-615's or even better if you own them...PLEASE share your experience about them with me. My other choices would be Bfgoodrich g-Force KDW2, Toyo T1R, or Nitto NT555. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I'm plan on canyon riding alot with my next tires so I want MAXIMUM grip and cornering on sharp hairpins. Please don't hesitate to share your knowledge with me. THANKS.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I have a friend with a set of Falken Azenis tires. He loves them and I think they are a great auto-x tire. I believe he's only gotten about 10k miles out of them though. They haven't lasted him very long at all.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've had the RT-615's since spring. They are very good in the rain, and very sticky when cold or cool. When driving track events, they get a little greasy after the 2nd or 3rd lap. For your use, I think you will like them a lot. For me, I'm moving up to R compounds for next year.

Don't sweat the 40 series......I run 255/40R-17's on 9" rims.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Skip the Nitto 555's. They are miserable in the rain. However, I don't have experience with them.

I have the T1-S and love them. They are basically the same as the T1-R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts