1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.springsgov.com/NewsResults.asp?NewsID=2156

Enforcement of Exhaust Systems Ordinances
By For News Release questions, please contact our PIO

In a continued effort to address citizen complaints relating to excessive noise, the Colorado Springs Police Department will begin an education campaign to instruct all muffler and vehicle repair shops in Colorado Springs about City Ordinance 9.8.203: Modifications Prohibited.

The ordinance states:

“It is unlawful for any person to sell, lease, rent or install any device or sell, rent, lease or operate any vehicle, engine, motor or other mechanical device with a device which when attached to or placed on any vehicle, engine, motor or other mechanical device so as to amplify or increase the noise emitted by it above that emitted by the vehicle, engine, motor or mechanical device in its original factory design. This part shall not apply to devices sold for racing or for pleasure purposes and used outside the City or in areas properly authorized by the City for pleasure or racing. It is unlawful for any person to operate a modified vehicle, engine, motor or device within the City and not in a properly authorized area.”

Many motorist that have been cited for violating City Ordinance 10.22.204: Exhaust Systems have complained that they were sold the louder, illegal exhaust systems by a local store and that the salesperson advised them that the illegal loud exhaust system was in fact legal. Subsequent investigation into these claims has suggested that the complaints are valid.

In an effort to obtain maximum compliance of all City ordinances relating to illegal exhaust systems, the Colorado Springs Police Department will be mailing a letter to all muffler and vehicle repair shops notifying them of City Ordinance 9.8.203: Modifications Prohibited. At this time the Colorado Springs Police Department will be extending enforcement to businesses that are violating the “sell, lease, rent or install” section of the ordinance.

For additional information about the department’s enforcement actions relating to illegal exhaust systems, please contact Sergeant Gordon Goldston at 385-6103. A copy of the notification letter and legal enclosure will accompany this press release.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
**** citizen complaints.. You know its coming from 40yr old house wives that have absolutely nothing better to do than sit on their couch watching soaps, and then complain about stuff like this.

I mean this used to be a free country until idiots started deciding they dont like what other people are doing so they complain until someone makes a change to make them happy.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there is always a db limit at the local or state level law. But for *some* reason Harley Davidson riders dont seem to be affected ? That is total bullshit. Those bikes are louder than any car I have ever heard.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
If I were president, I would cut the bullshit.. I would also probably get impeached because the senators would not like what really needs to be taken care of. Their jobs would actually require some thinking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts