Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body have a ati procharger on their z? i bought my Z with the charger but the pully teeth is wearing out , then i call the manufacture up. they ran my serial # and it came out to be stolen.......product...
anybody out there can give me their serial # for me to order some parts?? or any suggestions to help me out?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
whoa, that is messed up. unless someone stole it from ATI i am wondering how they got the serial # in the first place? did you get this car from a dealer? if so you should let them know that they sold you a car with stolen parts on it and be sure to have your receipt for purchasing the car in case ATI decides they want to come after you for the price of a supercharger.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's messed up for sure. I wonder if they reported it stolen from their facility? Probably an employee that sold it. As Steve stated, go back to the dealer or person you bought it from and inform them that you are going to make a police report about the stolen parts. I would also ask ATI, if you haven't already, what they want to do now that they know about your part. You are an innocent victim here, so don't let anyone push you around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought the ca at ebay.. it was a pretty good deal...this guy has two 350z with chargers.....he sold one to me.....after i bought it problems start coming up,,,, first was the belt has broke, then my alternator broken when the belt broke......& the charger's bolts are not tighten....& parts r not align....well to make the story short.......everything was put back together..but i need to change out the 2 pulleys .. so i call procharger up ..and the needed the serial number to order parts. i gave them that then they call me back & told me the charger was stolen.... but its been paid by insurance so they r not going to come after me.....but they just cant sell me any parts ......would not even answer any technical problems......so i am kind of stuck......
if anyone know who or their friends has the charger pls....help me out...
i really love that car i'll post some pics next time....
thanks guys..

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
maybe you can PM Julian - Daking350z , he used to have ATI procharger and I believe he had some kind of a relationship with them... might be worth trying..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Daking350 use to have the ATI, and so does brucekgt (I think). Email them and see if you can get any pointers.

Are you doing all the work yourself? Or is it at a shop?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hey guys. Something sounds fishy to me here!
This guy has only 3 posts & is asking about serial numbers & the like?

His post regarding someone owning 2 supercharged zeds???
He bought it and then all the problems started?
What, didn't he drive it before he forked out the cash?

BE CAREFUL about the info you give him!!!!

As we say in Oz, 'This sounds sus'!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guess it pretty bad luck......i bought it at 7k miles,now its 10.5k i spent about 1g on labor & parts.but i am still satisfy with my car..this is the first time i play with chargers.....im a dummie at that so ....i just found this site couple days ago.....hope i can get some advice from the pros.
& about seting someone up is kind of weird.....if someone help me out with the serial # i can order my parts & i still have to pay for it .....how would that be a set up. i did drive the car...& its good except some clicking noise from the belt...guess i got carry away when i see the car/.
well, i guess u dont have to help me if you think i can do some bad stuff to u.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I don't understand why ATI won't help you with selling you parts. IF you have their product and need replacement parts, then they should at least help you out. Can you get a local shop to find the parts for you? That would be the easiest in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts