Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the track today with my Slicks...I ran the following times..

run1- [email protected] 2.02 60ft
run2- [email protected] 2.11 60ft
run3- [email protected] 2.23 60ft
run4- [email protected] 1.79 60ft

Took a while to get the air pressure and launch right but when I did,MAN did it come out of the hole like it was on a mission!!!
Unfortunaltely I chewed up yet ANOTHER belt on my ATI SC and was DONE for the day
Probably could have run a low 12 maybee even an 11.9 run if I didnt loose the belt...oh well..Ill post some slips later on..And if anyone has some webspace to host a crappy video of one run let me know...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice! I don't know how much better you could do than that last run, but it's definitely nice to see a 12.4 w/o n2o. That 110 trap speed is insane too! Congrats, i'm sure you're stoked with those times!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Fluidz@Feb 28 2004, 08:57 PM
would think your trap speed would be alot higher than 110..............hmmm

-Kevin

You are not trying to insinuate that I am lying are you??
Heres the slip..I was #7060 left lane

·
Registered
22 Posts
nope was insinuating you are lying at all...........just was thinking with 375hp at the wheels you would have alot higher trap speed...........thats all. I beleive you 100%..........

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trap speed is relative to traction on the Z..The more traction you get the lower trap speeds you will see..However my car tends to be very consitant on the trap speed @110mph regardless of traction..Previously I was trapping high 108-109's on drag radials...

·
Registered
22 Posts
ya i was just wondering cause my trap with 75 jets is 109mph with a 2.- 60 foot........i know when I get my Dreamworkes Stage II unit next month and add 70-80+ rwhp to that i will be at least 114-116mph..........nice car by the way, Z's are so fun esp when we can play with them the way we are able to.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Send me a list of the modifications you have done to your car as we can get you some more H/P. Also suspension tuning along with some good dyno tuning on the chanrger will yield about 10 H/P at the wheels as well.

Regards

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Avalon Racing@Mar 13 2004, 06:11 AM
Send me a list of the modifications you have done to your car as we can get you some more H/P. Also suspension tuning along with some good dyno tuning on the chanrger will yield about 10 H/P at the wheels as well.

Regards

My mods are as follows..
ATI procharger @ 8 psi not 7.(I am now at 9psi)
Cat pipes
Borla true dual
Stock manifold...
Stock exhaust manifold...
Perfect power SMT6 ecu piggyback
Turbo XS blow off valve..

·
Registered
130 Posts
Call me on Monday and we can talk about some specific arears where you can gain some horespower.

Regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
daking350z, I was wondering what is the size of your slicks and rims? because I was not getting any traction on my toyo t1s at the track. I need some slicks I have a twin turbo (greddy) I was only hitting 13.8 @ 106 trapp speed ohh! by the way awsome time!! and nice Z!! thanks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/quote]
old thread..Prochargers long gone.Glad to see people are still searching the threads..
My rims are Weld wheels and are from a 97 Mustand Cobra. Any wheel that fits the 5 lug cobras will fit the NON BREMBO 350Z.The tires are Mickey Tomson ET street slicks.You might be better off going with a street drag radial so you wont break stuff..

·
Registered
26 Posts
old thread..Prochargers long gone.Glad to see people are still searching the threads..
My rims are Weld wheels and are from a 97 Mustand Cobra. Any wheel that fits the 5 lug cobras will fit the NON BREMBO 350Z.The tires are Mickey Tomson ET street slicks.You might be better off going with a street drag radial so you wont break stuff..
13.8 with twin turbo i run 13.8 and my car is stock

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just went to the track today with my Slicks...I ran the following times..

run1- [email protected] 2.02 60ft
run2- [email protected] 2.11 60ft
run3- [email protected] 2.23 60ft
run4- [email protected] 1.79 60ft :cheers:

Took a while to get the air pressure and launch right but when I did,MAN did it come out of the hole like it was on a mission!!!
Unfortunaltely I chewed up yet ANOTHER belt on my ATI SC and was DONE for the day :doh: Probably could have run a low 12 maybee even an 11.9 run if I didnt loose the belt...oh well..Ill post some slips later on..And if anyone has some webspace to host a crappy video of one run let me know...
Do you go through belts a lot?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts