Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's my first time posting in this part of the forum, I went to Atco Raceway tonight, and ran 3 times, 2 times I won't even bother mentioning, cause it was just bad. This is the first time I've ever been to the track in the Z, and second time ever, it is such a freakin rush.

I was upset even with the 14.1 the previous owner of my Z, with fewer mods ran a 13.6 at the same track (though I'm not quite sure on the conditions), it was pretty humid out, I definitely felt like I should break into the 13's with ease, I need to learn how to launch though, I drop the clutch and I either spin to much or don't launch forward like it should, I'm gonna practice that, and hopefully soon I'll be able to attempt again. Overall it was fun, there was a power outage so that was interesting, other then that, I feel pretty good about the 14.1 but really want to be a better driver so I can bring that time down into the solid 13's.

My slip is attached.

Attachments

·
5,437 Posts
Good numbers man. I ran 14.02's at 99-ish all night long the one and only time I dragged my Z. Couldn't bust the 13's for the life of me. But, who cares.. for one the Z isn't a dragger, and for two I beat the other 3 Z's best times that night!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Those are good times. Specially for a beginner with a car that is not tuned to launch. Even though drag racers get craped on for being all about HP, it takes some skill to launch a car correctly.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Good beginning times. That seems to be the norm. With some practice, you can break into the 13's. I'm sure once you learn how to launch and find that sweet spot, you'll go on to putting the Z on a diet and get even better times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts