Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
I never said it did. I said it was a result.
I know but I just wanted to be clear and not get muddled in the idea that they were better off under communism...

Stop and think of the chance they had at a better way of life. Unfortunately they really blew it, and so did we and the rest of the world when it came to the fall of communism in Russia. I remeber thinking in the early days how sick it was that the west just threw huge loads of money in there that just went into corrupt systems.

I think more so than any other culture in history the Russians have been the most persecuted and downtroden people. They were ready to break free... then they get hamstrung by this awful new backwards system of corruption and wayward policies. They really are going back in time... it is sad.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
I know but I just wanted to be clear and not get muddled in the idea that they were better off under communism...

Stop and think of the chance they had at a better way of life. Unfortunately they really blew it, and so did we and the rest of the world when it came to the fall of communism in Russia. I remeber thinking in the early days how sick it was that the west just threw huge loads of money in there that just went into corrupt systems.

I think more so than any other culture in history the Russians have been the most persecuted and downtroden people. They were ready to break free... then they get hamstrung by this awful new backwards system of corruption and wayward policies. They really are going back in time... it is sad.
Good post.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
I sure do.

It's a great feeling... almost everytime I consider an issue I think about the options or counter views and I always confirm to myself that I am right. Man it rocks!
That is why it is so fun to argue with you. Someone who can't possibly conceive that the world may not be filled with absolute rights and absolute wrongs. That everything isn't all good or all evil, that everything is polarized. People that think like that are usually very well grounded in reality, and tend to make very good counter points to anything they disagree with. They also tend to vote Republican for some reason.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
That is why it is so fun to argue with you. Someone who can't possibly conceive that the world may not be filled with absolute rights and absolute wrongs. That everything isn't all good or all evil, that everything is polarized. People that think like that are usually very well grounded in reality, and tend to make very good counter points to anything they disagree with. They also tend to vote Republican for some reason.
And people like that are the ones we remember in history for saving humanity from tryants that take advantage of weak minded liberal societies.

Hey maybe I can be one of those people that saves the world! hahahahah! CYKICK FOR PRESIDENT!

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Many Russian citizens long for the way things used to be.
Are you sure about that??????????

Communism at it's best.......all of this occured under one dictator...

Early researchers of the number killed by Stalin's regime were forced to rely largely upon anecdotal evidence, and their estimates range from a low of 3 million to as high as 60 million.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ukrainian_famine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_tr...he_Soviet_Union

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
And people like that are the ones we remember in history for saving humanity from tryants that take advantage of weak minded liberal societies.

Hey maybe I can be one of those people that saves the world! hahahahah! CYKICK FOR PRESIDENT!
My hero!!!
Sounds like your presidency would be similar to our current administration.
God help us all.
I don't think this country could take another administration like this one.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
waaaaaiiiiit... what kind of missles are we talking about? Nukes? or Defense shield missles? Big difference.

Many of the Eastern European countrys have requested to be included in a missle shield.

Exactly. It's not about our offensive posturing but rather our defensive move here. I think Russia is scared that their offensive capabilities (against us or NATO if that ever were to happen) will be neutralized if we can shoot their missiles close to their launch point. It's the same argument over the star wars program that Reagan started. After all, a good defense always wins the game. So 'yes', they probably are worried that they will no longer have influence in the world due to their large nuclear arsenal.

If GW was smart ( :rolf2: ), he would've sold this program as protection against Islamic extremists and maybe even offer to protect Russia as well.

Personally, it the **** works, I'm all for deploying it in this day and age but I feel it's another multi-billion dollar government program which doesn't work and merely had staged successful tests to get it approved.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts

So are you saying that democracy can't just be instituted into a backward nation that has been under oppression and has been rampant with corruption for decades?

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
More to do with mass corruption and organized crime.
No offense meant.But that sentence just stood out.If I hadn't deleted communism,I would be thinking of GW's staff.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
So are you saying that democracy can't just be instituted into a backward nation that has been under oppression and has been rampant with corruption for decades?

Not saying that at all. I beleive Democracy truly is universal and "inalienable"

I just said we all blew it.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
No offense meant.But that sentence just stood out.If I hadn't deleted communism,I would be thinking of GW's staff.
haha.... ok I will play along... where are the credible accusations of REAL corruption or connections to organized crime?

Im sure i can shoot down each one. (maybe not to your satisfaction but I will try)

maybe that should be a whole new thread entitled: GW crimes: Real or Imagined?

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
haha.... ok I will play along... where are the credible accusations of REAL corruption or connections to organized crime?

Im sure i can shoot down each one. (maybe not to your satisfaction but I will try)

maybe that should be a whole new thread entitled: GW crimes: Real or Imagined?

Organized crime does not have to be Mafia!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts