Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would come out on top if they were both stock. A friend of mine is being constantly harassed by this guy with a mustang GT (previous gen). The stang driver talks so much smack about how his car will kill the Z. So I'm just wondering if my friend has any chance in beating the cocky mustang driver and hopefully shutting him up.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
"...Mustang GT models come with a 4.6-liter overhead-cam V8 that produces 260 horsepower..."

Stock to stock looks like a close race...

Doesn't sound like ford boy knows what he's up against, tho...z33 ain't no 240sx...I think fordboy's in for a sur-prise.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jun 13 2005, 12:07 PM
"...Mustang GT models come with a 4.6-liter overhead-cam V8 that produces 260 horsepower..."

Stock to stock looks like a close race...

Doesn't sound like ford boy knows what he's up against, tho...z33 ain't no 240sx...I think fordboy's in for a sur-prise.
[snapback]113385[/snapback]​

+1 :werd:

****, my old Z32 used to take the 5.0's all the time.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've raced a done up 88, the driver told me he's putting over 300 rwhp. the race goes like this:

from a stop
1st gear: he fishtales and gets a 1 car jump
2ed gear: I miss second .. he fishtales again
3ed gear: I make up half a car on him
4th gear: I walk .. pass him and put 3 cars by the end of forth.

I love forth gear.. thats your winning ticket.

the following week he went and installed a supercharger lol

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ@Jun 13 2005, 05:14 PM
I've raced a done up 88, the driver told me he's putting over 300 rwhp. the race goes like this:

from a stop
1st gear: he fishtales and gets a 1 car jump
2ed gear: I miss second .. he fishtales again
3ed gear: I make up half a car on him
4th gear: I walk .. pass him and put 3 cars by the end of forth.

I love forth gear.. thats your winning ticket.

the following week he went and installed a supercharger lol
[snapback]113600[/snapback]​

:rolf2: :nana: :lmfao: That IS great! A buddy of mine used to get frustrated trying to hang with me on corners with his 5.0 when I had my Z32. He finally went out and bought a Paxton SC so he could keep the distance... :rolf2:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Competetive in a straightline only. Z's should have it ALL OVER Rustangs in the twisties.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by tlin350@Jun 13 2005, 06:10 PM

So my friend's auto stands a chance against his stick huh?
[snapback]113656[/snapback]​

fo shizzle ... actually it's the other way, the stang has no chance unless it has mods. Auto Z is almost as fast as 6MT but it's more consistent.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I raced a 2000 discuSTANG when i had only intake and took him both times no problem. I'd say your friend should start double talkin this guys smack back to him. fly the flag when you win----> :F-you:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's good news I had no idea that the auto in a Z was that good. My friend is racing tonight so I'll post the results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts