Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all tune in Tuesday, August 17 @ 8 p.m. Eastern - www.nissanusa.com/live

Get your questions answered by Dan Passe (Nissan U.S. Product PR) here:
"The eagerly awaited new Z breaks cover on August 17! After it has debuted, I'd love to answer your questions. I may even have a few special executive guests give their answers too.

We cannot wait!

Minor / easy ground rules:

• I cannot answer any questions until after the vehicle breaks cover - so I'm not ignoring you, just waiting until you all see the car and read all our latest info before you ask questions.
  • Please don't ask me questions about future product plans - I can't tell you about any next-generation vehicles - if we can keep it focused on Z (or our latest product lineup), that'd be appreciated."

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
Count me as a fan of the Z35, but disappointed about the lack of specific detail. Cost of the sport and performance models? How about what the weight of this twin turbo wonder will be? If the curb weight of the 2021 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 is 3,882 lbs. can Nissan bring the new Z in closer to 3,500 #? Also, will static weight distribution of the new Z remain close to 50/50?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Count me as a fan of the Z35, but disappointed about the lack of specific detail. Cost of the sport and performance models? How about what the weight of this twin turbo wonder will be? If the curb weight of the 2021 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 is 3,882 lbs. can Nissan bring the new Z in closer to 3,500 #? Also, will static weight distribution of the new Z remain close to 50/50?
And as usual, no response to the serious questions. The car has dropped, why can't these simple questions be answered? Oh, right, "PR". A part of the MARKETING dept.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so hello my name its Bryan and I own a 2003 350z, last year I had an issue that when the car was in idle, the car would start making a nocking and popping sound and the oil pressure would go all the way to the top. so I took it to the mechanic and he end up telling me that It was the oil pump and the timing chain needed to be replace. so I end up taking it to him this year and he end up changing the oil pump and the timing and after all. the car kept making the same nocking and popping sound. so he told me that it was better to change the engine, so I agree to change it , he end up putting an engine with 77k and after he replace it the car came with the situation of doing the same problems it was doing with the old engine.. has anyone had the same issue or solution to this situation?

·
Super Moderator
1,833 Posts
Welcome Bryan, but your reply in this thread has nothing to do with the topic. Why not start over by posting a new thread in the maintenance and repair section? I'll also say the first thing you should post in that new thread is how many miles are on your Z and what kind of mods and maintenance has it had? Also, when this "rocking and popping" started, did you pull codes from the onboard diagnostic system?

Finally, don't reply in this thread, just start your own as suggested, and let me know if you have any problems doing so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.