Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been driving around this stock 350z for a year or so and I swore up and down after I sold my Integra I was done doing any type of modding to my cars. Well...it was getting boring so I decided to get an exhaust to make a little more noise. I was looking around at exhausts and I was surprised at how expensive they are. For the price of some of these exhausts I could make an entire turbo kit for my old Integra. There was no way in **** I was about to spend $1500 or whatever on something that will produce 8hp at best.

So after looking around I found this exhaust on eBay by Arkspeed racing, item number "8034300325" if you guys want to check it out. I saw one person on this board had ordered one and it looked to be of decent quality from his pictures. However, I was a little suspicous when I saw the same username on an NSX board also raving about the same brand exhaust, especially when the poor grammar of the thread starter had matched the poor grammar of the website for Arkspeed. Here's the link to that review on this board:
http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=ark+exhaust

Anyway, I decided to take a chance, I made an offer for $600 and they took it. It arrived in one day (they are only about 2.5 hours away from me). The packaging was nice and secure, it came in a single box with there logo on it. I'm not a professional welder but I know what a good weld looks like, these welds were good. Fitment was perfect and it came with all new hardware and gaskets. The y-pipe was 2.25 into a 2.5 inch collector and 2.5 inch the rest of the way out. I know some people will say that is kind of small but I personally think that a 2.5 inch y-pipe with 3 inch collector and 3 inch exhaust is kind of big for a stock Z and will kill the exhaust gas velocity.

To conclude this post that is already way to long, the result is a Z that sounds pretty much stock while it's cruising on the freeway, no annoying drone. However, when you put some load on the engine, it's got a little bit deeper growl then the stock exhaust. It also growls a little bit more under initial movement. So when you drive away at a stop light or something it is noticeably louder and deeper. As far as power goes, who knows, I'm sure it freed up 8 hp or so but I personally don't think it's worth it to spend money doing dyno runs for bolt-ons. It definitely did NOT reduce any power on the low end. Just thought I'd put this out there and let you guys know about it if you're not looking to spend a lot of money on an exhaust. Also letting you know that they accepted my offer of $600, maybe they will accept less.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is generally a good rule to follow, like I said...I took a chance. Also, I didn't bother posting pics because if you look at the thread I mentioned in the post he has more then enough pics and they were taken while the car was on a lift. I had to do mine on the jackstands so the pics are crappy. :headshake:

Well congrats, I still stick to the "don't buy performance items on ebay" stance tho. Glad you are happy!!! :cheers: :postpics:

·
Registered
43 Posts
You will love ARK. I had this exhaust installed about 5 months ago and it has been nothing but sheer fun! There is a definite difference in performance with both the CAI and this exhaust. The tib has that nice deep, throaty growl that it is meant to have. You won't sound like a weed whacker with these pipes. The look is fantastic from rear it is similar to Nismo and catches glances where-ever I go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts