Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

OK, so I got the middle console piece (the part with the climate controls and goes around shifter) part off ebay. I get the part, and I am gonna replace the one I have (slight scuff mark on the original, so being lazy, I just figured I would replace). Well, the one I got was a darker solid black color (as opposed to mine which is more of a charcoal color). Now my question is this.....what is the color called that I got from ebay, and what is the color called on my original (its the OEM from a Chrome Silver)? I want to now see if I can find the other part of the dash (which is one piece: the part with the oil indicators, digital tach, etc) in the color I got from Ebay (solid black).

Any suggestions? These parts are kind of hard to come by (from my experience, maybe I just don't know where to look for parted cars, or used parts, other than FS here)........

Sean

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You can usually find factory interior parts off of performancenissanparts.com.

If I'm not mistaken, the interior choices are "frost" and "charcoal". I don't think there are any others though. :dunno:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think the color depends on the year of the car, I tried to get a 03 nav cubby in the charcoal but it was a lighter color than my 05 charcoal interior. I think the color on the insides have changed in the years but im not sure..

Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jun 25 2005, 07:32 PM
You can usually find factory interior parts off of performancenissanparts.com.

If I'm not mistaken, the interior choices are "frost" and "charcoal". I don't think there are any others though. :dunno:
[snapback]121953[/snapback]​

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yup. My 03 has a lighter charcoal than other 04 and up "charcoals" ive seen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey all-

OK, so I got the middle console piece (the part with the climate controls and goes around shifter) part off ebay. I get the part, and I am gonna replace the one I have (slight scuff mark on the original, so being lazy, I just figured I would replace). Well, the one I got was a darker solid black color (as opposed to mine which is more of a charcoal color). Now my question is this.....what is the color called that I got from ebay, and what is the color called on my original (its the OEM from a Chrome Silver)? I want to now see if I can find the other part of the dash (which is one piece: the part with the oil indicators, digital tach, etc) in the color I got from Ebay (solid black).

Any suggestions? These parts are kind of hard to come by (from my experience, maybe I just don't know where to look for parted cars, or used parts, other than FS here)........
Sean
As a suggestion.....write down the manufacturer model numbers on the back and check with a dealer for year model# etc. Then buy the other pieces to match!! :irock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts