Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic says - are pulleys worth the money?

Has anyone done the research because I am too lazy.

Thanks in advance!

~Z~

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The crank pulley is the only one worth the money. And, IMO, KJR Performance is the only one worth the money. (cheaper than Unorthodox Racing and is not underdriven and no need to buy new belt(s))

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never seen KJR Performance before? Were can I get them? Courtesy sells the unorthodox racing pulley set with 3 pulleys - so I can get those but I am interested in the others - if you have a link that would be great.

~Z~

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the UR underdrive crank pully. Works great and I can feel the the few extra ponies. THe engine also revs a little better, and I have not had any problems with the pully being underdriven.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW - those instructions are a good way to lose a hand or something.

WTF!

I can see it now.

"so sir why are you needing a new crank in your car?"

"ah......because I tried to remove my pulley by bumping my ignition and ah....I only have 1 hand now."

Once again - wow. Looks nice and I am sure that it works but sounds a little too home made for me.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Everybody I've talked to about it who has one says it is worth it. Everyone. I guess that's as good as a 100% success rate. That will be one of my winter projects.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man - I was trying to talk myself OUT of buying the pulleys I have under my desk. NOT to have everyone talk me into it.

I already ordered a short shifter today to add to my list of projects for this weekend.

1-short shifter
2-springs
3-sway bars
4-hood shocks
5-brake pads/stainless steel braided lines

not a bad list for one weekend

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Stop posting and start modding! :jk: Maybe... :lol:

If you don't want that pulley, give it away. :wink:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been working all week on stuff. Crap - I need more tools. I did my test pipes on monday - wow - big hands no fun under a Z. I need a dremel to finish up the hood shocks. I ordered the little rings from Mcmaster Carr for the sway bars but did not pay attention to what I was doing and only ordered 1 front and 1 rear - so I am having to wait for the other 2 (yes I am a dumb ass). I am getting ready to paint my center console but I need a compressor now.

I got my new reverse lights from Toykilla this past weekend to replace the ones that I tried to tint myself (yes once again - I screwed something up) and I have to remove my bumper again to put those in.

I still have not told my girlfriend that I am doing 1/3 of this stuff. LOL

She is talking about saving for a house and I am trying to hide how much I am spending on my car.

I am still trying to figure out how to sneak a procharger into my car and get away with it.

LOL

wow what a freakin' week. Plus I am working.

~Z~

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
:lol:

The website sucks, but just look at the info provided. If you go on my350z you can check out their post about it and the testing they did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is Jonathan from KRJ Performance, as others said our major following is on my350, if you do a search for KJR all you will see is positive responses, we are working on expanding our advertising to other site.
With regard to the comment of it looking home made, that is far from the truth. We spent several months researching the design with various prototypes and this is what we came up with. We did various types of testing which you can read up on on my350 and I will be more than happy to answer any questions. As you can understand, we can't release all our information to prevent people from copying our design even though it is inevitible people will do that, we are sure that like the UR copycats, buyers won't trust or stand for it. From what my lawyers told me it is virtually impossible to patent a pulley due to the similarities in them. The first man who patented one got his revoked by the US gov't in the early 1900's, if I understood the lawyer correctly so we pride ourselves on good customer service which you can read also on my350. Just do a search for KJR.

Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jun 8 2005, 11:54 PM
:lol:

The website sucks, but just look at the info provided. If you go on my350z you can check out their post about it and the testing they did.
[snapback]111562[/snapback]​

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ah - dont want to read another website.

but that is just me and I am lazy like that.

I am still in the market if you want to take the time and tell us about your product.

~Z~

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Originally posted by ZPartsGuy@Jun 8 2005, 05:52 PM
As the topic says - are pulleys worth the money?

Has anyone done the research because I am too lazy.

Thanks in advance!

~Z~
[snapback]111419[/snapback]​

The crank pully is IMO the best bang for the buck..Couple that with the lightweight flywheel..OMG..

·
Registered
583 Posts
Auto Specialties Performance offers a stock diameter pulley for about $140 anodized in your choice of colors. I have never seen it and I don't know the specifics but I do know that they have been around for a long time. The pulley, the last time I checked, was not on thier website so, you'll have to call.

Rob

1 - 20 of 30 Posts