1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is what i am very skeptical about

if you go to Kell Blue Book and every other car value website
to my surprise it seems like my 350Z Touring is worth 22K
how did this happen in less than a year?
does the car depreciate that much?
or is the aftermath effect on the car negatives( such as Tire Wear)???
why is that low?
does anyone have an explanation?

Ayman

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
that crap is not right.. It says a 2005 model performance is worth 21k and a 2004 is worth 22k ? Why would an older model be worth more?

Regardless, we are now in the 2006 model year so effectively if you are selling a 2004 it is considered 2 years old even thoght it may be younger than that.

Another thing, when i wrecked my first Z it was just at 1 year old. I received 30k for it from the insurance company while I only owed 28k.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that crap is not right.. It says a 2005 model performance is worth 21k and a 2004 is worth 22k ? Why would an older model be worth more?
did you try it Josh?
it doesnt make sense at all
and the ****** up part about it, is even nissan as well as other car dealerships are taking advantage of this ****.

mine is an 05! not an 04 and the price is silly.

but if you go to Autotrader.com you can actually find the 05's selling between 25K and 28K

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was at the delaer yesterday & watched them give 21,600 for a beat lease return.
was it a nissan dealership?
my nissan dealer gave me 24K for my Z, and the car is in an excellent condition, i pamper that car.

Guy was turning it in early & took it in the ass to turn it in.
i am not surprised anymore, it seems like the pricing out there is all the same

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Go to KBB and then try all 3 pricings: trade-in, private party, and retail. You'll se a range of almost $8k.

Bottom line - sell your own car and save thousands.

First-year depreciation is typically the highest. Ask a wholesaler what the Z's are going for. Or - go to Carmax.com and see what they'asking retail.

Don't expect retail value if you trade. Most Nissan stores make more money off used cars than new. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
788 Posts
just went to www.kbb.com ...
  • 2005 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe 2D ( used 8000 miles)
    Retail Value $32,455
  • 2003 Nissan 350Z Performance Coupe 2D (used 14,000 miles .... which mine actually has)
    Retail Value $26,115
From www.nadaguides.com ...
  • 2003 NISSAN (used 14,000 miles and )
    350Z-V6-6 Spd./MT
    Coupe 2D Performance
    Average Retail $23,525
    (did not have values for 2005 350Z)
so my car has depreciated by about 15-20%, which I don't think is too bad.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I seem to recall a year after the 03's came out that the 350Z ranked 1st or 2nd in resale value at 63% or higher. That's pretty good. I got my 1 year old Z used for $26k, even though research showed me that it was worth more.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys guys guys

dealerships now.....are offering 23-24K trade in value for the car anywhere.

realisticly the cars are being sold between 25-28K now on Autotrader or so.....that explains the 2-3K that those dealers are trying to make.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
the dealership told me they'd give me 17K for my car (2003, base model, 2 1/2 years old , 15K miles...they didn't know about all the mods). i ended up selling it on my own for 25K. i didn't pay much more than that for the car...but, i lost all the money i spent on mods (as i expected).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
:doh: Dealer is here for one reason only : :hump:

I bought my Z to KEEP! :irock:

If you KEEP your car LONG enough it will APPRECIATE (become a 'classis') :rolf2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys

I just bought a 2005 350Z auto ( enthusist) with 4,000 miles last week $25,100. The car was a trade. I talked with a buddy of mine (large dealer in Oklahoma) and he checked the black book and local auctions. Here's what he said.
2005 avg condition ( 8,000 to 10,000 miles) 21,500 to 24,000, good / excellent 2,000 to 6,500 miles, 23,500 to 25,000. I figured the lady that traded mine car off most likely got 24,000 for a 2 month old car. The dealer made 800.00 to 1,200.

TJ

·
Registered
798 Posts
I have to say. ITS A CAR!!! Once you drive it off the lot it starts depreciating. Regardless of what is added to it. You might think its worth 30k but its a car. :banghead: Plus its not a BENZ

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
I have to say. ITS A CAR!!! Once you drive it off the lot it starts depreciating. Regardless of what is added to it. You might think its worth 30k but its a car.
exactly...once you drive it off the lot...it's already dropped in price. the more you drive it....the more the price drops. mods....don't expect to get anything in return for those.

i was impressed i got 25K for the car. private sale...always sell your car privately. you'll get more money!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
KBB or Galves are DEALER pricing manuals. Meaning, what a 2nd hand dealer should pay for the vehicle to sell to the general public and turn a profit. I use Galves when I go to auctions to set a limit for myself of how much to spend. Generally, if a car is listed in straight condition, zero damage for $10K in Galves, I know I can sell that same car on the street without doing a single thing to it for $13-14K. Not a bad way to make a decent buck on the side.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Another thing, when I was selling my previous car a prospective buyer mentioned KBB and gave me a price it "should be sold for". I was like, "ok, sounds good. Lets see your dealers license. Oh, you don't have one?"

Bottom line, KBB does not equal retail price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts