Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
You don't need high flow cats w/ the Borla but you CAN use them if you WANT. I have the Borla TD Catback Exhaust and stock cats. Been on there almost two years, and she is fine. It really has a nice sound too.....:biggrin: Not ricey a nice growl or purrrrrr :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 5 2005, 10:53 AM
What is confusing tho?  The pieces?  It says "hard" to install, but I did it myself w/ my hubby, it was piece of cake (with lift and air tools) an hour and a half to take OEM out and put Borla in :thumbsup:
[snapback]142045[/snapback]​

so what will be the outcome...since i already have Kinetix High Flow Cats installed

or is there a better alternative

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I think you would be just fine. I would say the outcome would be a better sound, better breathing, no problems. They should match up as far as diameter goes. With the cats and the intake you should upgrade the exhaust IMO, complete the system! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You should be good man. The Kinetix cats and the Borla should bolt up perfectly. I'd suggest replacing the gaskets while you're down there though.

I'd also suggest getting it onto a lift if you have access to one. Just get it as high off the ground as you can. It'll be a lot easier than laying on the concrete.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 5 2005, 11:13 AM
You should be good man. The Kinetix cats and the Borla should bolt up perfectly. I'd suggest replacing the gaskets while you're down there though.

I'd also suggest getting it onto a lift if you have access to one. Just get it as high off the ground as you can. It'll be a lot easier than laying on the concrete.
[snapback]142063[/snapback]​

wow.....thats great then
:clap:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It will be fine, if, just in case, it isn't, just buy a flange to adapt it.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Aug 5 2005, 06:10 PM
It will be fine, if, just in case, it isn't, just buy a flange to adapt it.
[snapback]142343[/snapback]​

thanks for the advise

love that stang!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts