Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been road testing the APS Intercooled Twin Turbo System on the G35 coupe over the last 2 weeks and I must say that the G35 is truly an awesome car, I really wish this G35 was sold in OZ, I reckon it would be extremely popular.

The APS Intercooled Twin Turbo system has been installed on the G35 coupe and to my surprise only a small number of new components were required for the G35 twin turbo conversion............awesome.

The initial dyno and road testing has been conducted with a little over 400 WHP and the G35 is just so smooth and powerful, it's really a hoot to drive.

The APS twin turbos puts this power down on the road very efficiently, I'm that impressed I spent last night thinking what would be the easiest method for a right drive conversion for the G35 coupe, I just love this car.

I hope to get some pics, dyno graphs, and a good deal of info up on the APS web site within the next 24 to 48 hours, In the interim period if you guys have any questions ask away and I will answer what questions I can. :cheers:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

You're most welcome and we at APS are very pleased with the power given the very conservative tuning maps and it was very pleasing that the system fitted up very neatly on the G35 coupe with only minimal additional parts required. :cheers:

There's now some preliminary info on the APS web site at http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/g35/g35.htm hope you enjoy the browse.

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys, I thought I let you know that our head dyno tuner fitted up some test pipes today on the APS TT equipped G35 and gave the engine a slight retune, at approx 10.5 PSI turbo pressure the engine produced 470.2 WHP. :OMG:

I will post a power graph tomorrow, I'm off for a test drive now. :shiftdrive:

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

The engine seems to do it easy and there's no sign or hint of any stress, I guess the only way to know for sure would to put 15 to 20,000 miles on the car. :shiftdrive:

All good fun that's for sure. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

I'd guess a high 10/low 11 would be possible at around 125 mph at a guess, it certainly feels like a 10 second car though I reckon It would need a good twin/tripple plate clutch and some drag radials to run this ET and MPH. :shiftdrive:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Guys,

Just for kicks, we've placed a sound/video clip of the G35 with the APS exhaust with test pipes on the APS web site - http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/g35/g35.htm and the link is under the 3rd dyno graph (470hp). The exhaust note is awesome when you get stuck into it but quiet when free revving at cruise. On the road, it makes you want to drive with the windows down regardless of how cold it is.

Hope you enjoy.

George

1 - 12 of 12 Posts