Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most power @ wheels APS TT kits can produce before it gets sketchy on your stock internals.....?????????
What extra parts are required to achieve this on top of the 15K packages on offer....????????

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Regarding max power on stock internals, I don't know the answer to that. I guess it depends on how you intend to use the car, ie street vs track use will determine the life of the engine at high power.

Just for reference, there are many APS TT Z owners in the US that have 450+hp. The highest I know of is around the 580hp. I don't know what other bolt ons he has to make that level of power, but I believe most the the TT owners get to these levels by winding up the boost levels from the standard 7psi to 10psi or beyond.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What is the most power @ wheels APS TT kits can produce before it gets sketchy on your stock internals.....?????????
What extra parts are required to achieve this on top of the 15K packages on offer....????????

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony
Anthony,

Are you still selling the engine for Rotary conversion? Or are you still browsing at the options that you can take? Let us know

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information much appreciated.

Yes i am debating at the moment weather APS kit or 20B conversion for something a little different. Basically my goal is 500hp @ wheels.

Will krep you all posted on my mods and progress.

Kind Regards
Anthony

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
How much torque does a 20B make, and how does it deliver it? Did you want to keep it as a street car, or use it for track only?

The Z's not a light car, and having driven an RX-8 I found its lack of torque.....disturbing.

I realise the 20B (especially with a turbo) will have more torque, but the Z is a heavier car. And if you get a big enough turbo to generate 400rwkW I'm wondering how deliverable that power is.

I'm all for "different", but only if its a good idea. I could see benefits into doing an RB26DETT conversion and modifying that, even though I'd never do it myself even if I could afford it, but I'm just having a hard time seeing the benefits of putting a rotary in.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your advice mate much appreciated.

After speaking with peter at APS ive decided for now that ill go with there twin turbo kit, since this excercise will be alot more affordable i will also plan on changing the internals aswell once the motor lets go. So obviously im going to be running a bit more boost than quoted in the standard package. Most likely around 12psi or there abouts.
I will keep you all posted on the progress and let you no the limits of the stock internal VQ35.

Cheers

Anthony

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wow - 12psi will be one **** of a powerfull engine - 500hp here it comes.
Good luck putting that power to the ground inn the lower gears - I guess you'll just have to be gentle with the throttle.
You'll take a lot of other powerful cars by surprise once the package is complete.
Great choice in upgrade di 350z.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts