Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we did the first APS TT tune with the Unichip. We started off with 358 RWHP and ended with 393 RWHP on our Mustang dyno which would have been around 440 on a Dynojet. We kept it still safe in the AF area as the owner, captj3, wished so no need to worry about weather changes as much. We just finished a G35 today as well, a little tougher with that front bumper blocking a lot of the air flow to the IC and I think the Borla also restricted a little bit but still got some nice increases specially in torque.

Here are before and after charts from captj3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice. I can't wait to get my car and get that thing put in. It is going to be sooo sweet. I have enough to buy my exhaust and clutch and pay for the install now i have to get my car :) lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
All I can say is roger and gus did a great job tuning the car. It is a complete animal and at a very safe tune which is what I wanted. Of course now traction is a serious issue 1st - 3rd. So time for new tires. It's amazing what happened to the car by just moving the torque curve up.Thanks again for the great job done on the car. :yourock: :cheers: :rockband:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks for posting the results! It's nice to see how these kits perform under different conditions around the country.

Nice numbers! I can't see the chart very well....what was the torque?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Is the disproportionate increase in horsepower vs torque typical of the APS system?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is all on how you tune the car, if you want more torque then you can load it up front for a higher boost and have it tail off if you don't want the boost to be held higher through the rpms, then you will feel that hard kick in the pants and tail off or play with the timing or fuel, the issues is that you want to be careful in th ehigher loaded area 3-5k then you can lean it out a bit and play with timing up top to ge the hp higher.

People like numbers but sometimes the tune should be for driveability and safety. You can repeat the same with any kit basically, like I said play with the boost/timing and fuel and you can tune it to what you want.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Is that on a built engine or stock block? I'm more of a torque guy myself. To me, that is the true measure of power.....based on my knowledge of physics.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that on a built engine or stock block? I'm more of a torque guy myself. To me, that is the true measure of power.....based on my knowledge of physics.
That is a stock block, he has had the kit on for about 10 months.

I agree torque up front is what gets you going, horsepower up top is just for show.

·
Registered
728 Posts
throw an APS 2.5" dual on it and a set of test pipes and get that guy the HP/TQ he should have.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
throw an APS 2.5" dual on it and a set of test pipes and get that guy the HP/TQ he should have.
He already has test pipes and he is thinking about the exhaust, then we will tune it to what he wants, it is his car and I am not going to take liberties, he is an educated owner that realizes the risks and wants power within acceptable risks.

Now with my car I am willing to take a little more risks, I just got my fuel system completed, went with the CJ Stage 1 as I already had a FPR and modified stock rails, also received a SSV manifold, once I get those on and a 3" exhaust I am going to go tune happy and see what I can get on mine.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
What are you getting now, Gus? I mean, what kind of power are you producing out of your car?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What are you getting now, Gus? I mean, what kind of power are you producing out of your car?
Last Dynojet was 401 RWHP/355 RWTQ and on our Mustang dyno it was 367 RWHP/327 RWTQ, I want to shoot for 430-450 RWHP/400 RWTQ on our dyno :) which would put it close to 500 RWHP on a Dynojet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ziv I 've been thinking about exhaust 2.5 or 3". I would like to here a 3" set up. I've also been playing with the idea of removing the X pipe and having straight pipes put in instead since the stillen is separate mufflers. The car is a daily driver and traction is an issue now after the tune. Keep in mind I had them tune it very conservatively. My main goal in getting it tuned was the torque and moving the band up which they did. I wasn't worried about the hp numbers. I don't need a dyno queen I wanted a fast and reliable daily driver without being to close to the edge. But I'm also open to suggestions to improve what I have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.