Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

APS TT TIME SLIPS AND VIDEO!!

11K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Daking350Z 
#1 ·
Once again we will be going to the track tonight to get a few runs in..Cool sunny weather herehoping for low 12s on drag radials!!!I shall keep you posted as soon as the boys get back from Long Island.. :bump:

#27 ·
Originally posted by Zxrage@Oct 27 2004, 06:41 PM
As far as I know, I think that time was on stock tires!!

Makes you wonder what Jay at MRC will be capable of when the car is tuned  :shiftdrive:  :thumbsup:
[/quote]
No kidding!! They've got to be putting over 400 to the wheels already. Someone else was running a Greddy TT with 780 hks injectors putting 467 hp to the wheels and only ran a 12:12 (street tires though). I think he was running over 9psi on the boost as well. That right there shows you (me anyway) the difference in performance between the two kits.

#28 ·
Originally posted by boogiemyke+Oct 27 2004, 07:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Zxrage
@Oct 27 2004, 06:41 PM
<div class='quotemain'>

Makes you wonder what Jay at MRC will be capable of when the car is tuned  :shiftdrive:  :thumbsup:
[/quote]
No kidding!! They've got to be putting over 400 to the wheels already. Someone else was running a Greddy TT with 780 hks injectors putting 467 hp to the wheels and only ran a 12:12 (street tires though). I think he was running over 9psi on the boost as well. That right there shows you (me anyway) the difference in performance between the two kits. [/quote]
You cannot compare slicks to a car on street tires. Im not surprised 7 psi gets them a 12.1 compared to Phunks car who your thinking of who runs 12.1 @ 118 on street tires. Phunks car is running more boost and makes slightly more power, as you can see by his 4 mph higher trap. Give him slicks and he's 11's easy. Give the APS kit 9 psi and street tires and the times will be similar to the Greddy-Id say slighly quicker, but at the cost of a few thousand $$. BTW I am in no way knocking on the APS kit, I think its an awesome out of the box kit, and if I had the $$$$ for it I would get it over the Greddy kit.

#29 ·
Originally posted by Alberto+Oct 28 2004, 06:50 AM-->
Originally posted by boogiemyke@Oct 27 2004, 07:25 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zxrage
@Oct 27 2004, 06:41 PM
<div class='quotemain'>

No kidding!! They've got to be putting over 400 to the wheels already. Someone else was running a Greddy TT with 780 hks injectors putting 467 hp to the wheels and only ran a 12:12 (street tires though). I think he was running over 9psi on the boost as well. That right there shows you (me anyway) the difference in performance between the two kits. [/quote]
You cannot compare slicks to a car on street tires. Im not surprised 7 psi gets them a 12.1 compared to Phunks car who your thinking of who runs 12.1 @ 118 on street tires. Phunks car is running more boost and makes slightly more power, as you can see by his 4 mph higher trap. Give him slicks and he's 11's easy. Give the APS kit 9 psi and street tires and the times will be similar to the Greddy-Id say slighly quicker, but at the cost of a few thousand $$. BTW I am in no way knocking on the APS kit, I think its an awesome out of the box kit, and if I had the $$$$ for it I would get it over the Greddy kit. [/quote]
Last time I checked I thought Phunk was having engine issues was he not? He lost something like 60whp on his last dyno..did everything work out for him??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.