Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock '05 Performance Z that I just bought. I'm still learning to drive the thing but would like to start making modifications within the next year or so. I have done alot of research and am impressed with the APS TT. However, that will be one of my last mods. My question is; however, what engine and drivetrain modification should I make before putting an APS TT on to support a daily driven Z that would have good dependability? I'm looking, in the end, to have 400-450 RWHP w/ close to matching torque. I don't plan to run much more than 7-8.5 PSI.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Start with an exhaust that will match well with the TT like test pipes and 2.5" exhaust, and a plenum, then leave it at that and wait for the TT, the clutch and flywheel Iwould wait until needed no sense in spending money when you don't have to.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Start with an exhaust that will match well with the TT like test pipes and 2.5" exhaust, and a plenum, then leave it at that and wait for the TT, the clutch and flywheel Iwould wait until needed no sense in spending money when you don't have to.
+1.

Also look at upgrading the APS fuel system and considering a LSD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You are not gonna need to upgrade the fuel system if all you are looking for is 400-450rwhp. I would say exhaust and stop. technology and parts for this platform are rapidly evolving and maybe in a year the parts you buy now might not be compatible or might be cheaper. make a list of everything you want and get a good price amount on what you wanna spend. most shops are charging 80-90 bucks an hour labor, so factor that in too. search the forums and you should find all the answers and prices on parts you need.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You are not gonna need to upgrade the fuel system if all you are looking for is 400-450rwhp. I would say exhaust and stop. technology and parts for this platform are rapidly evolving and maybe in a year the parts you buy now might not be compatible or might be cheaper. make a list of everything you want and get a good price amount on what you wanna spend. most shops are charging 80-90 bucks an hour labor, so factor that in too. search the forums and you should find all the answers and prices on parts you need.
Of course he doesn't need it. He's looking to get parts that can be upgraded (and benefit from) before getting the APS TT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I just wanna be sure that before I drop a TT in the car that all the associated equipment is up to par to handle it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Tony I noticed that you got tuning done at XX in CT. I'm looking at going through them. How are they up there?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have a stock '05 Performance Z that I just bought. I'm still learning to drive the thing but would like to start making modifications within the next year or so. I have done alot of research and am impressed with the APS TT. However, that will be one of my last mods. My question is; however, what engine and drivetrain modification should I make before putting an APS TT on to support a daily driven Z that would have good dependability? I'm looking, in the end, to have 400-450 RWHP w/ close to matching torque. I don't plan to run much more than 7-8.5 PSI.
Given your power goals I would suggest a decent twin plate clutch and true dual exhaust like the APS TD, you won't need to upgrade the fuel system for your current power goals, good luck with the project. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
120 Posts
Even at low boost pressure, you might want to consider a 3inch true setup, such as the 3 inch offerings from APS, SFR, and AAM. If you plan to push to 500whp in the future, this will eliminate the need to buy a new exhuast system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts