Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting bored of my car (power wise). I'm deciding between the APS TT kit or just changing it for a GTR. What do you guys think?

Andre

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was gonna get a r34 gtr, but then i went for the 350z, i knew that I would sacrifice speed, but there are a lot of options to build a fast 350z. Reason I chose the Z over Gtr is, well stylin the Z is hotter, street drivablity the Z is a lot better, comfort/ interior design is heaps better than the gtr. Besides from performance and awd the gtr aint got nothing on the Z, the Z even has a bigger engine capacity. Look I rekon source a good twin turbo kit from japan, throw it on, and do a rebuild to run high boost, ie 18-20psi, And I rekon, you will be pulling 350kw + atw and be smoking GT-R's, and also there are heaps of high powered GT-R's do u wanna be another number, why not build a high powered Z like no one has seen in Australia, thats my plans for the future. Anyway something to think about, I love GT-R's and to be honest it is the ultimate performance jap car, but im over the 1,523,435 high powered gt-r's that are getting around. Be different

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
hmmm

if its speed that you want, just go with R34 if you dont care much for looks. not that the R34 is bad looking or anything, but i personally think the Z is more sexy. with an APS TT you got the looks as well as the power.
go with APS...

here in the US, R34 would be much more unique though.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeap id go a fully built TT over the R34

here in Aus every young kid on p-plates has an R34, they're old news now

a TT Z would have alot more street cred except the 16 yr olds addicted to Gran Turismo

i personally would rather rock up to work in a Z than a Skyline, as good a car the R34GTR may be, it has a bad image problem in Aus

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeap id go a fully built TT over the R34

here in Aus every young kid on p-plates has an R34, they're old news now

a TT Z would have alot more street cred except the 16 yr olds addicted to Gran Turismo

i personally would rather rock up to work in a Z than a Skyline, as good a car the R34GTR may be, it has a bad image problem in Aus
Is everyone smoking crack, or what!? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 350Z. But I've already decided that I'm getting an R34 Skyline when I finally do sell it. I swear you foriegn drivers have gotten spoiled. You get, hands down, one of the best cars ever BUILT, and then start complaining. :wtf: And tell me, what could be sexier than rolling up to a girl at a redlight, looking to your right, and she's right there. INSTANT PANTY DROPPER, PAL! Oh, and if you Aussie's are tired of your Skylines, send 'em this way. I promise I'll find all of them loving homes. :finger2:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
BlackZR as i can see from your Point of view. You are a Power Freakers as well :p

Same as Z350lover, and you see why he mod his engine into 8000rpm? :)

if you wish built your 350Z up first using the TT. Because, when changing your Roadster you'll lose money right? As the Depriciation value. Therefore you have to add cash to get a Standard R34GT-R (or Minor modded) GT-R34 cost around AU$70K - AU$200K (heavily modded one).

Why don't you add that cash invest into TT the Z? I mean you have gone to the wrong way at first already if you know that you are Power freak, which you should have gotten the GT-R32 instead of GT-R34.

But this is my only opinion thought, i know that GT-R can be a Very good car, yet the Z ALSO can be a Very good car. GT-R is a 4WD and Z is a RWD as they both Behave a different beast.

But anyway i just wanna say good luck with your choice, and i think either of the choice can't go wrong. It just that it's a pity to sell of the Z when you owned it already. If before you owning the Z that's a Different story.

ALSO RICOSAN:

Perhaps you are not quite sure what's the law like in Australia. Skyline or GT-R has always been Police target, Because they know, that where their money comes from (Fines) Almost 98% Skyline in Australia is Either Minor modded to Heavily Modded. We have a Rule here such as we need to have and Enclosed intake (ie. JWT popcharger is illegal, K&N typhoon is Legal (enclosed)). And please do care on someone else opinion.

cheers

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is everyone smoking crack, or what!? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my 350Z. But I've already decided that I'm getting an R34 Skyline when I finally do sell it. I swear you foriegn drivers have gotten spoiled. You get, hands down, one of the best cars ever BUILT, and then start complaining. :wtf: And tell me, what could be sexier than rolling up to a girl at a redlight, looking to your right, and she's right there. INSTANT PANTY DROPPER, PAL! Oh, and if you Aussie's are tired of your Skylines, send 'em this way. I promise I'll find all of them loving homes. :finger2:
Little young Chucky. :doh: Maybe you need to leave your own back yard for once and see that there are other ways of life out there that aren't the same as yours. And by the way... the finger does mean the same here.

With loving respect,
LK

·
Registered
139 Posts
ALSO RICOSAN:
[/quote]
Perhaps you are not quite sure what's the law like in Australia. Skyline or GT-R has always been Police target, Because they know, that where their money comes from (Fines) Almost 98% Skyline in Australia is Either Minor modded to Heavily Modded. We have a Rule here such as we need to have and Enclosed intake (ie. JWT popcharger is illegal, K&N typhoon is Legal (enclosed)). And please do care on someone else opinion.
cheers
[/quote]

Look, I'm all for the saying to each his own! I don't care how great the car is, if you don't like it, it's not for you. All I'm saying is there's a reason that Japan's Police force use unmarked skylines to patrol their highways AND why the Skyline has never lost at Grundewald. And all you German members can back me up on that. Ha, ha... I said member! :rolf2: Oh, and I didn't mean to sound like I don't care about someone else's opinion, it's just I come from a country that doesn't see R-34's that often, and I'm still very much fascinated by an AWD car that can perform as it does. Perhaps, in Australia, they have lost their "magic".

·
Registered
139 Posts
Little young Chucky. :doh: Maybe you need to leave your own back yard for once and see that there are other ways of life out there that aren't the same as yours. And by the way... the finger does mean the same here.

With loving respect,
LK
Look here, Queenie. Only my friends call me Chucky, but you didn't know that, so it's cool. And I do respect other ways of life. That's why I didn' say anything about you or your life partner. :lmfao: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Look, all of this is in good fun. I'm sorry if some members are a little sensitive about certain things. My bad. And I've travelled half the world, so I know THAT is international. But as for the finger. Well. . . ****, I was smiling when I gave it!

Thanks for your respect, and I humbly give you mine. :cheers:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

Looks: Z hands down, the 34 looks super aggresive but dated now (interior and exterior)

Power and handling: GTR (well at least must less $$$ to get power)

Reliability: Comparing same power figures, a 420whp GTR is probably going to be more reliable than a 420whp Z. I've read MOSTLY positive things about the APS kit but whenever you're doing such drastic changes to a car I'm sure you're going to run into some problems. As opposed to just changing intake/exhaust/computer on the GTR.

I'll have to think about some more.

Keep the opinions coming

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for the input guys.

Looks: Z hands down, the 34 looks super aggresive but dated now (interior and exterior)

Power and handling: GTR (well at least must less $$$ to get power)

Reliability: Comparing same power figures, a 420whp GTR is probably going to be more reliable than a 420whp Z. I've read MOSTLY positive things about the APS kit but whenever you're doing such drastic changes to a car I'm sure you're going to run into some problems. As opposed to just changing intake/exhaust/computer on the GTR.

I'll have to think about some more.

Keep the opinions coming
There you go, Black. Bottom, line it's all about what you want. I just hope you're happy with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
342 Posts
BlackZR. Think about it this way... A 350Z Twin Turbo in my eyes is the ultimate. Why?

You've got exterior styling that Porsche would be proud of. Interior puts the r34's to shame. The only thing lacking in the Z is the engine. TT will solve that problem. Outcome? Munch Munch ferrari's for lunch!

Also i'd say many of the ladies who have no appreciation for the GTR's heart, would hands down tell you that the Z has more sex appeal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Look here, Queenie. Only my friends call me Chucky, but you didn't know that, so it's cool. And I do respect other ways of life. That's why I didn' say anything about you or your life partner. :lmfao: Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Look, all of this is in good fun. I'm sorry if some members are a little sensitive about certain things. My bad. And I've travelled half the world, so I know THAT is international. But as for the finger. Well. . . ****, I was smiling when I gave it!

Thanks for your respect, and I humbly give you mine. :cheers:

You are SOOOOOO cute Little Chucky (we ARE friends now - right). I just want to give you a cuddle.

BTW -BlackZR - Definately go the APS. As awesome a car the GTR may be, it's image here is not not one of style and class.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You are SOOOOOO cute Little Chucky (we ARE friends now - right). I just want to give you a cuddle.
Hey now, keep it in your pants, buddy. You're not my type. But, what the ****, sure we can be friends. Oh, by the way, sorry the cops in Australia are so hard on your Skylines. Over here, they'll pull you over if you're driving a Hyndai. Didn't you here about Rodney King? I guess it's a good thing I've ordered FOP Plates (Fraternal Order of Police). :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
ricosan we didnt get official Nissan imported R34GTRs, or any skyline for that matter

other than a handful of around 80 R32GTRS, of which Nissan had to discount very very heavily, and still didnt get them out of the showroom

the Sklyines we have are grey imports from Japan, bascially the **** the JDM used market cant sell.........so they land here with suspect history and huge insurance bills

imo its not worth it, AUD 80-90K for a used 7 yr old R34GTR, id rather an Aus delivered 993 Carrera S

·
Registered
173 Posts
gtr>350z

I will be making the same decision in a couple of months, im leaning towards r34 gtr. It looks better, has probably the best jap engine out there, and resale value will be higher.

I havent made my mind up either, but i imagine finding a buyer for a tt 350z is going to be harder than finding one for a gtr. For the one that called the interior of a r34 outdated...have you actually been inside one? Or been driven in one. I have nothing against tt 350z's but the gtr will make the 420hp easier and a shitload more reliably. Only factor holding me back is insurance...but then again i havent asked my insurer about the premium once i tt the 350

Tpaice, and others. Im sick of hearing you people comparing the 350z to a porsche. I dont care if the 350z looked EXACTLY like a porcshe, it still isnt one.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
If I could afford a R34 GT-R, I'd get one. Its a much quicker car, and that's my first concern. You can mod a Z up, but you'll always be playing catch up. Anything you can do to a Z to make it quick, you can do to the R34 and make it quicker.

Looks wise, I think the R34 is tough. They're an aggressive shape.

Mind you, by the time the warranty expires etc, I probably could afford to get a R34 GT-R instead of replacing the Z with a new one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The other major problem is finding a good 6 yo GTR that hasn't been trashed and with low mileage (who really knows the mileage of these imports-they are all wound back right?)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts