Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've had the car now one and half weeks 900km's I'll try and do it justice with the written word, first arriving at anywhere I'm going takes longer, why? because I have to wait for the errection/stiffie to subside before getting out of the car. Jokes aside words don't do this transformation justice, as a daily drive it performs perfect, its easly to drive there's no jerking or sudden surges, it just so smooth in fact I noticed with my normal driving style around town the fuel consumpion has improved, yep my normal around town N/A setup was using 8.9 - 9.4km/ltr at best and just yesterday I noticed it was using 10.4 km/ltr which is a real bonus. Performance wise it just about flies and does use quite and I mean quite a bit more fuel, you can't have performance without using more fuel. I notice just how much at the Sandown track last Sunday I used about 3/4 of a tankfull for aroud 26 laps or 4 sessions of 10mins each, the TT performed faultlessly all day, water temp stayed normal not even the slightless increase, no hot smells of anything getting to hot I just had a great day. I did manage to check my fastest top speed for the day (DavidM) 218km/h up the back straight and maybe faster on the main straight but I was to busy watching for the braking marker for turn one to glance at my speed but I believe it could have been quicker. This was an untimed event but I was circulating around the track at approx the same speed as the the GTR's and much faster than one of the RX7 Turbo's circulating, all in all I was pretty stoked. Am I happy with this setup, what do you think? sh#t YES.
:irock: :irock: :irock:

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
:bow: :bow: :bow:

nothin more I can say!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:drool: :thumbsup: :stupid:

·
Registered
188 Posts
WORK BITES!!! I was really lookin forward to checkin out the new TT at Sandown. I'm sure I'll get another chance soon. And NOOOOO I don't want to drag again!!!!! I am conceeding - compared to your beast I DO drive a girls car!

WAHHHHHHHH...... I want a turbo ..... WAHHHHHH!!!!

LK

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
David,

It looks really really sweet!!!! Nice work! I am sure you cannot stop driving it from now! hahaha.... probably you don't even want to drive your holden anymore!!!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richie

Thanks, its still good to drive the VL it make you appreciate how sweet it is to drive.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's very Porsche 996 Turbo sounding, deep, doesn't sound like a fart squeezed out through a tin can and top quality built. Good for both N/A or F/I but a must for the APS TT. :thumbsup:

Cheers :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Met up with David at NDSOC meeting tonight. Got to check out the new TT. Friggin AWESOME!!! The install is flawless - looks factory -only better with a few nice stainless pieces and parts. In fact, you wouldn't even know it was there unless you knew what to look for. :clap:

David was nice enough to take me for a spin (thanks David - will be buying more tickets for next time I see you). OH YEAH!!! Rocketship. (and it was de-tuned for inspection) If you want a value for money mod this is it! Start savin up boys and girls cause this TT is hot.

Drives very civilised when just normal cruising then VERY smoothly accelerates to mach 900 before you can say "HOLY **** BATMAN - THIS MOFO'S QUICK!!!". :bow:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update.

I have over 2000k's up on the TT and it been a buz driving it, I'm constantly looking forward to when it's time to hit the black top, I'll never trier of the feeling as you press the loud pedal to the floor and get slamed in the back as you rocket forward with tyres squirming and struggling for grip. :shiftdrive: The thing that still amazes me is the fuel consumpion it's using on average 20% less compared to before the conversion on a daily drive to and from work, around 8.6l/km before and now it's 10.4l/km, question what are you guy's averaging please post. There's been a holdup on getting the car through emission testing which APS is handling, as they were in the US with the SEMA show, will keep you guys informed on the progress. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by ZTRACK@Nov 10 2004, 08:48 PM
The thing that still amazes me is the fuel consumpion it's using on average 20% less compared to before the conversion on a daily drive to and from work, around 8.6l/km before and now it's 10.4l/km

So is it using more or less with the TT kit?

Did you mean 10.4l/km before and 8.6l/km now with the TT kit?

If so, then **** not bad. Increased performance and increased fuel efficiency. Killed two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If so, then **** not bad. Increased performance and increased fuel efficiency. Killed two birds with one stone.

Well, I have a feeling that when you actually use the 'perfomance' that you have available there, then the fuel-consumption will go up dramatically. For instance with my N.A car I get 30L/100km at the track at the moment. I would not be surprised to see this more like 40L/100km with the TT set-up ... after all, you can't get power out of nothing - it comes from fuel and air. The more fuel/air you can 'explode', the more power you have.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The improved fuel economy has just justified it for me. :D

Any *cough* marginal *cough* increase in power is just an added bonus to my goal to make my car more environmentally friendly, Mr Insurance Man.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts