Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys in need of build advice from others on what I need to make this car more reliable and more built with higher power. I know this TT system can do 7-800 hp. I just got it off dyno today with 540hp and 510tq. I expected to see over 600 and am confused where I missed.

Here is a list of current mods

APS twin ball bearing turbo kit,
APS oversized oil pan,
twin 2.5" SS exhaust,
APS tall boy balanced inlet plenum
Stock radiator and fans
All new hoses
Brembo front. Stop tech drilled and slotted rears.
Tein lowering spring
Sway bars
Mostly all stock suspension
Short block fully disassembled and cleaned, bored and honed to .020"
Block decked and squared
Wiseco 8.8:1 Forged Pistons
K1 Connecting Rods
ACL Race Bearings
ARP Main Studs
Completely balanced rotating assembly
L19 headstuds
HR MLS headgasket and machine work
Drivetrain to newer upgraded transmission from Z1
Kaaz superQ 2way differential
JWT clutch with Z1 performance mid weight
Aeromotive 340L fuel pump
APS pump hanger assembly
440cc injector(flowwing 500cc with raised fuel pressure)
Mishimoto baffled oil catch can and other stuff that probably dosnt matter to what I'm asking.

Mostly using for circuit track fun, drifting lightly and a balanced toy all around.

What should I be upgrading next?
Appreciate any help from those with experience in the community. This is my second Zed and I have almost all tools needed.

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Welcome- you left out some critical facts that might gain some replies to this thread:

-What year and model Z is this car?
-Total mileage?
-How many miles since the rebuild?
-What kind of boost levels are you running?
-What kind of dyno was the tune done on?
-What type of "upgraded transmission from Z1" did you purchase?
-Specs of wheels and tires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2003 base with parts changed over from touring convertible, vq35de with 80k miles on swapped engine.
Been less than10k miles since rebuild and swap
Boost currently is at 16 high 6lbs low on 93 pump gas
Dyno used was dynojet
Transmission is CD00A (CD009) 6MT
Wheels are 18 x 10.5 all around with 245/40zr18 on front and 265/40zr18 on rear

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Thanks for the additional details. Looking at all your details, I'd say you are right in the ballpark of what to expect from a boosted VQ35DE. Have you done any UOAs on this engine since it was rebuilt? How many pulls did the tuner have to get to 540/510 on the dynojet? What software did he use? Did he offer any suggestions for the car after he ran it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He did three pulls first one was at like 450hp 490tq and some reason 5th gear had a light spike giving it those numbers. He suggested 1050cc injectors and to come back with those for retune with the I haven't even really broken in the new clutch yet either. But no I haven't had a UOA test done but sounds interesting. Not sure the software used.

·
Super Moderator
1,612 Posts
Three pulls are the minimum needed just to get a baseline on the car. It's only a starting spot to dial in your car. To provide some contrast, my race Z took over 40 pulls to get the race maps built. Get the bigger injectors (I suggest going through a specialized injector company like RC) properly blueprinted and run in before getting a proper tune with multiple runs. Meanwhile, a UOA on your next oil change should give you some idea of how the bearings and seals are wearing. Keep it up for a few years to build a history of how your VQ is wearing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts