Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the new APS engineering projects is the exciting new APS Gigantor race inlet manifold - a complete state of the art intake manifold with cross runers and twin inlet plenums and provision for twin throttle bodies, all good.
George had told me about this in a PM a few weeks ago. Finally Peter said something in public, so now I can say something. :)

Just wanted to let you guy's know before you go and buy a Kinetix plenum and be dissapointed in the performance. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
you say that as if you know that the Kintex sucks.............

alright woh you working for CAI FBI........burrito ppl

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics.

JC, the gains aren't looking too good versus the price of the item.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
APS has been releasing the Tall Boy for about a year now. I'm not holding my breath that this one will be ready next week or anything guys.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]
The tallboy plenum is getting released next month. They've been taking pre-orders for over a year.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Ha, strange that everytime another company releases a new product, APS makes an announcement about something similar???

Don't hold your breath, it will probably come in around 2007 I am guessing!

·
Registered
498 Posts
[/quote]
The tallboy plenum is getting released next month. They've been taking pre-orders for over a year.
<div align="right">[snapback]98434[/snapback]
[/quote]

Correct the first production batch of the APS tall boy plenum will ship at the end of May 05 - will be available in the US by mid June. :cheers:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
[/quote]

Will be released by SEMA if all goes to plan (Nov 05) - this is an entire new cast alloy intake manifold (not a fabricated top plenum) so the development and testing period is expected to be at least 12 months, the APS Gigantor intake manifold development commenced in Sept 05, all good products take plenty of development time. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
[/quote]

It sure will - this APS Gigantor inlet manifold will not have any of the restrictive flow problems that hampers the stock inlet manifold (stock inlet manifold base of the factory Nissan inlet manifold) at serious power levels.

This is not an inlet manifold for the faint harted - designed for big HP forced induction engines though a smaller version with smaller plenums may be released for lower powered FI engines and high powered N/A engines that produce good hp at very high engine rpm. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Peter,

Please keep us posted on the new intake manifold... would be interested in that product for sure!

cheers,

richie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts