Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

The APS Intercooled Single Ball Bearing Turbo System is well under way and I can now confirm that the Green light has been given to finalise the project. :thumbsup:

If you have technical questions or would like to have some tech input as to what's in the final APS Single Turbo system by all means ask or contribute to this thread, your input is greatly appreciated. :clap:

Some may ask why APS even bothered with this Single Turbo System project and again that's a reasonable question to ask. :welcome:

Ultimately APS wants to satisfy all of the power requirements that 350 Z and G 35 owners want/need so don't hang back, ask any question you want an answer to and I will do my best to reply, now back to work for a while. :shiftdrive:

Thanks

Peter

APS

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
First, when will we possibly be seeing it?

Second, what kind of pawer are we hopefully shooting for at what psi?

Third, What kind of turbo is it.

Fourth, Whit will be offered in this kit?

I think that covers it for now... Thanks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 9 2004, 02:58 PM
First, when will we possibly be seeing it?

Second, what kind of pawer are we hopefully shooting for at what psi?

Third, What kind of turbo is it.

Fourth, Whit will be offered in this kit?

I think that covers it for now... Thanks.

Ok well if all goes to plan the APS Intercooled single turbo system will be available in mid 05, now to your other questions,

2) Maximum Power potential of the APS/Garrett Ball bearing turbocharger will be approx 650 Horsepower (at the crankshaft) though we are targeting 380 to 400 WHP on stock engine internals using 94 octane fuel, less power on 91 octane fuel of course.

3) APS/Garrett Dual Ball Bearing GT series water cooled turbo with internal wastegate/bypass valve with 65 lbs per minute mass air flow.

4) This is yet to be 100% finalised though the system will be comprehensive and include all neccessary hardware including a massive down pipe to connect bact to the stock Nissan exhaust system.

I will post more info on the APS S/T in the very near future though I can say that this new exciting product will offer vastly superior performance to any of the lower priced supercharger systems at a very competitive MSRP. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Peter.Put us down for 5 now..lol Our TT kits are finally arriving tomorrow afternoon from the warehouse..Any word on if you guys plan on doing SEMA in NJ?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Okay, that leads me to a few more.

First, What kind of pricing are we looking at? $5,000? If you are talking about supercharger range, then I guess it's actually lower than that.

Second, Will it be a mass distribution or limited like the TT?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. This has just gotten me curious. I know there's no reason to rush into things. I'm just being curious :thumbsup: Sounds like a great setup so far. I can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Dec 9 2004, 03:17 PM
Peter,

Interesting news...What would the benifiet be in doing this over the TT kits?

Julian

Julian great to hear from you, hope all is going well for you guys and have you been back out to the drags lately?

There's only one main benefit which is a lower MSRP, the way I see the single Turbo is not as a competitor to the APS Twin Turbo (the ultimate form of FI) rather the single turbo is a very real competitor to the common supercharger systems.

The APS S/T will have superior torque and power curves compared to the supercharger systems for very similar price. Maybe a little more expensive though well worth the additional funds, and the APS S/T will also include a REAL fuel system..............that'll be novel won't it ? :clap:

Bottom line the APS S/T will offer significant engineering and high quality parts at a very affordable price for Z owners who want to proceed down the FI path on a limited budget though demand high engine performance. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds like the way to go. I will have to keep my eye on this one.

Questions:

1.) What parts are going to be included with this kit. You have mentioned the fuel system but what else are you planing on including?

2.) Will we be seeing a large intercooler included in this kit?

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Peter, it is great to see the diversity of your company offering more options to a 350Z owner. I wanted to say that is great commitment for one company to provide that to the 350Z community.

I have a few questions. Are there any pictures of the single turbo kit configuration?

I didn't see it mentioned above, is there an intercooler provided with the kit? If so, is it the same size as the twin turbo intercooler?

At what RPM range will the boost start to pick up? Considering that there is only one turbo, will there be any noticable lag in the low RPM range?

Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have followed the development of the other single turbo kit for the 350z and monitored the exchanges back and forth regarding that product, up to the eventual announcement of the APS single turbo setup and I’m curious. Can we expect to see this single kit come with upgraded headers to withstand the increased EGT’s and prevent failure?

Again, thanks for the quick responses. I was elated to find that ya’ll decided to go through with this offering. I wanted the performance and torque of a turbo car but couldn’t see spending much more than what the superchargers are going for. This stands to deliver exactly what I want.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Redefined350z@Dec 9 2004, 03:39 PM
Okay, that leads me to a few more.

First, What kind of pricing are we looking at? $5,000? If you are talking about supercharger range, then I guess it's actually lower than that.

Second, Will it be a mass distribution or limited like the TT?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions. This has just gotten me curious. I know there's no reason to rush into things. I'm just being curious :thumbsup: Sounds like a great setup so far. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Now the price has not yet been finalised as this depend on how complete the APS Intercooled S/T system is packaged though I'd take a guess somewhere between 5 to 5.5k at MSRP, best guess only.

Given the limited availability of the APS/Garrett Ball Bearing turbos that APS utilises in the S/T system I'd guess production will be limited to approximately 300 units per year.

I'm sure you will be very impressed with the final APS S/T system, we have looked at this development very closely and there are a number of ways to approach the S/T system. I'm 100% positive that the APS approach offers the best turbo design, performance, and technology. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Dec 9 2004, 03:50 PM
So now if you Do make this product,why would anyone still consider the remaining APS TT kits for more $$$??

No doubt in my mind that the Intercooled Twin Turbo appraoch is the ultimate form of FI to suit the Z car................it's all about giving car enthusaists choice and the APS Intercooled S/T will not be a competitor to the TT system in my opinion.

The way that I see this S/T project is a step between a highly developed APS Twin Turbo System and the more commonly available supercharger systems.

It will never have the same overall performance as the APS TT system ( 800 HP potential) though the APS S/T will offer far superior performance and driveability to any of the currently available supercharger systems.

let's face it a 400 whp daily driven Z car with a nice/strong torque curve at around 5 to 5.5k will suit many Z owners. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
89 Posts
how about the exhaust..

is there going to be a "reverse" y-pipe for your dual exhaust setup?

if it's a single downpipe attaching to the exhaust where the stock mid-pipe is, is the down pipe diameter at the connection point going to be stock diameter or a larger (say 3" )?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts