Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you replace your cats with the aps test pipes if it will pass emisions

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Nope, Test pipes are known to give out more emission than the HFC. I dont even think that the HFC can pass emissions test, but its less than the Test pipes for sure.

here in FL we dont go thru all this stuff.

But to answer ur question, test pipes definately NO....

·
Registered
305 Posts
i love living down south no emissions..........its the best

but yeah youll never pass emission with test pipes..........from what i have heard and read the HFC will pass but def not the test pipes

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you are naturally aspirated then most likely you will not pass emmisions. BUT, if you are going forced induction, especially with twin turbos, then you have a good chance to pass.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
If you are naturally aspirated then most likely you will not pass emmisions. BUT, if you are going forced induction, especially with twin turbos, then you have a good chance to pass.
why is this ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, not sure about the passing emissions with a turbo part. I know turbos act as a good sound muffler. Notice how boosted cars don't sound as loud as n/a vehicles with the same hp?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts

IMO , no way.

Been there and tried that numerous times..

NO cats, Hydrocarbons waaay too high.

Turbochargers don't do jack for emmisions

1 - 11 of 11 Posts