Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just had the APS dual stainless steel exhaust fitted today and just wanted to post the results on power increase for those interested.

Stock: Dyno 154K at the wheels
APES fitted: Dyno 162.9K at the wheels

8.9K increase by installing the cat-back system.

Not as good as some increases i have seen but not too shabby.

Sounds really nice and doesn't stand out... Great choice!!

PS. While i have your attention does anyone know where i can buy a GREDDY body kit for the 350z, excluding Intense Motorsports as they never return your emails?? :camp:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

Ill scan the DYNO in tomorrow and post it up ASAP. The car sounds really nice when accelerating but is not too overpowering or sounding like a 4 cylinder rice burner with a 6 inch tip!!

It would have to be a perfect solution for what i was after as it also doesnt have a drone while travelling on highways!! Good work APS!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
[/quote]

prostreetonline.com

autocarparts.com

greddy.com If you go to their website, there is a dealer locator that you can utilize, many listings and some have webpages. Hope that helps. There is not a dealer listed in Australia however there is one listed in Kuwait, which is closer than the US!!!
Kuwaiti Garage
P.O. Box 60887
Dubai, UAE
9714 333-0449
[email protected]

Or you could email them at:
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Post some pics if you can from the back of your car so we can see what it looks like.

By the way, I am totally jealous because I don't have mine yet.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks sweet narsty - just remember to get the sponge into the inside of the exhasut to maintain the look over time.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
:welcome: matthew!! you have come to the right place to ask the fellow aussie members of 350z-tech.com, as this is where you will see most of them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Narsty

Looks sensational!

Are those outlet pipes the same shape and size as OEM?

Cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[/quote]

THe pipes are the same size 2 & half inch but arnt rounded off at the tips so it still has a little uniqueness about it!.

Mathew, APS dealers are all around Australia, if you go to airpowersystems.com you can locate a dealer near you!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Guyz.

The APS installed today, sounds "BLOODY" great.

Now interesting point here.

I waited for the 35th Edition (traded my 25th Edition), thus I was expected some difference with the extra 15kW over the Track model in the kW results.

B4 APS 153.8kW - RED
After 164.6kW - BLACK

So an increase of 10.8kW

But my original B4 kW result is actually lower that yours.

Do you have any other mods installed as yet, that might be the difference between both of our B4 kW results :banghead:

Thanks ...

Catcha

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I waited for the 35th Edition (traded my 25th Edition), thus I was expected some difference with the extra 15kW over the Track model in the kW results.

So you've got the '35th Edition' 350Z? Can you post you pre and post dynos ... I'd love to see what the power-corve on the 221kW engine looks like.

ps. Where are you located?

·
Registered
50 Posts
DavidM,Apr 7 2005, 09:55 PM

So you've got the '35th Edition' 350Z?

Yep, luv the baby. Took my son for a burn today with VDC switched off. What a bloody rush :shiftdrive:

Can you post you pre and post dynos ... I'd love to see what the power-corve on the 221kW engine looks like.

Will be done on Friday night.

ps. Where are you located?

Mt. Pritchard in Sydney

<div align="right">[snapback]89854[/snapback]

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Regarding dynos:

Don't worry too much about the actual numbers made, since they're pretty variable. Shootout Mode on a Dyno Dynamics unit will normalise the figures somewhat, but not entirely.

If you've done before and after dyno runs in the same conditions (so hopefully the same day, before and after mods) the figure you're interested in is the percentage increase.

If you're doing runs in different situations, then the only thing from the dyno you can compare is the shape of the curve. The numbers themselves are only meaningful relative to other points on the graph.

The only finite number you should trust to test a power increase mod is the one on the stopwatch. If you do a repeatable test (rolling start acceleration, unless you can guarantee to do the same launch each time from standing) and the times are lower, then you've got a usable power increase.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts