Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm just been talking with our engineers about producing a set of very high quality high flow cats for the 350Z, is there any interest in this product from ther Aussie guys? I know there is in the US and parts of Europe so we will most likely produce these parts, thanks in adavnce for any feedback. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Peter,

Nice to see you still expanding your VQ35 product range.

Whats the diameter of the pipes leading into and out of the cat?

Murray
Hi Murray, the APS high flow cats are not yet developed, I think I would like to go with 3'' pipes and 3'' cats to ensure high gas flow, these would bolt up to any stock or aftermarket exhaust, what's your thoughts? :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter count me in.

Cheers
Thanks for your feedback David, right now I'm just seeing if there's enough interest from the Aussie guys, if not I won't worry about releasing this product for Australia. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
528 Posts
sorry im sorta stealing the thread here a little, but whats the costs involved with going TT on the 350Z with an APS kit??

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
For NA I guess some tests might need to be done to see which setup the engine prefers. Stock diameter leading in and out or if it prefers 3" in and out.

For FI and myself I would like it to bolt up to the turbo and have 3" in and out with a 3" flange on the exiting side that will bolt up to your 3" dual exhaust. Basically keeping three inche from the turbo down. Or larger like your 3.5" test pipe, but that wouldnt work too well for NA :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd be interested .
Thinking about going S/C unless you reconsider selling me a TT or ST kit
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry im sorta stealing the thread here a little, but whats the costs involved with going TT on the 350Z with an APS kit??
The cost is $15,900 Aust dollars which includes the APS TD 2.5 inch exhaust, install and dyno tuning with before and after dyno graphs, pm me if you need any more information. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm in the market for some cats and exhaust system so yeah, count me in at this stage. If the performance is comparable to the Japanese stuff, I'd prefer to buy Aussie made.

Do I get a "credit" if I go TT later? :wavey:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I'm interested, depending on price.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Peter,

I am definitely interested as I am already considering importing some Crawford Hi Flow Cats. However, I would rather buy Australian made product if I had the choice.

Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi Peter, would the high flow cats benefit your tt system, ?
I get myy new z tomorrow , I am definately 99% gonna have that aps tt system, just have to get it over to Melbourne,, unless you are thinking of training a workshop here in wa , if you are you can use my car please, can only hope.heh
Regards peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in the market for some cats and exhaust system so yeah, count me in at this stage. If the performance is comparable to the Japanese stuff, I'd prefer to buy Aussie made.

Do I get a "credit" if I go TT later? :wavey:
OK, Great to hear. I'm going to go ahead and produce a few test sets of high flow cats, I don't think it will be that difficult to match the Japanese performance or quality as our cats are fully imported from GERMANY, I'll keep you updated with any progress. :cheers:

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm interested, depending on price.
Thanks for your feed back, that APS high flow cats won't be inexpensive though the performance and quality will be first class, that's a promise. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Peter,

I am definitely interested as I am already considering importing some Crawford Hi Flow Cats. However, I would rather buy Australian made product if I had the choice.

Matt
Thanks for your feedback. The design and engineering will be all APS though the actual cat converter matrix will be produced in Germany, pipe work, connection flanges and TIG welding by APS. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for your feed back, that APS high flow cats won't be inexpensive though the performance and quality will be first class, that's a promise. :cheers:

Peter
Peter, can you define 'inexpensive'? A ballpark figure would be nice. Also, going back to guyk's question: if you buy the exhaust now do you still have to pay the full $15,900 if you go the TT later? If not, how much do you get off the price?

Cheers,
Rhys

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi Peter, would the high flow cats benefit your tt system, ?
Most definitely, I reckon we will se another 25 to 30 whp from larger free flowing cats in combination with the APS intercooled twin turbo system.

I get myy new z tomorrow , I am definately 99% gonna have that aps tt system, just have to get it over to Melbourne,, unless you are thinking of training a workshop here in wa , if you are you can use my car please, can only hope.heh
Congrats on your purchase of your new Z car, no plans for WA installs, best to send the car direct to APS, this way the TT install will be perfect from day one as our quality control procedures on TT installs are very strict. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks Peter , will email you for a full quote, for the full deal ,including clutch and guages ,just gotta get organised ,im thinking of towing it over be hind a motorhome, but I have to sweet talk a not very impressed wify first. Thanks for your reply , thought i;d made aa blue on the hf cats , when peeps are asking if they get a credit later if they fit a tt after buying the cats? :doh:
Im not very good on the tech side ,but i must say ive' read hundreds of posts on fI installs and APS comes out smelling of roses mostly, ( now that deserves a discount) joking
REgards Peter Swirls are a nightmare :rolf2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
when peeps are asking if they get a credit later if they fit a tt after buying the cats? :doh:
How about before you decide to be a condescending **** next time you try reading the original post.

Peter wrote:
"The cost is $15,900 Aust dollars which includes the APS TD 2.5 inch exhaust..."

guyk wrote:
"Do I get a "credit" if I go TT later?" (fairly safe to assume he was talking about the exhaust)

I wrote:
"...if you buy the exhaust now do you still have to pay the full $15,900 if you go the TT later? If not, how much do you get off the price?"

Where did anyone say that they wanted credit for buying the cats? :jerkit:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts