Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've purchased the APS exhaust (Thanks David C). Thought that i would post a review on this system because I've noticed that there isn't a **** of alot of unbias information on it.

The install will be happening this Saturday at the Muffler Man on Malvern rd Prahran.

I'll post you guys a reveiw of performance and acoustics once i take it through it's paces. Stay tuned.

PS: Has anybody ever dealt with the muffler man in Prahran? is he any good?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Eddie, I am looking forward to your review as I have also just recently installed my APS 2.5 true dual exhaust. Wanna see what you think about.

Are you going to have stock cats and headers along with this exhaust?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you going to have stock cats and headers along with this exhaust?

Yes i will be using stock headers and cats. What were your impressions of the systems and are you using stock headers and cats?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Eddie, I'm using Crawford Cats and stock headers along with my exhaust, and they have really changed the sound from what I have heard or expected. Makes the APS 2.5" sound deeper, throatier, and gives it a fuller tone. This is one of the main reasons why I am so curious in your impression with stock cats and headers.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
\ Makes the APS 2.5" sound deeper, throatier, and gives it a fuller tone. \\

Is this a positive thing or negative?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Eddie

You will find the note/sound quite deep to start with compared to say the HiTech.

Cheers

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the APS system installed this morning at muffler man in prahran. The fitment of the exhaust as previous members have mention was outstanding. It all lined up perfect end to end. Even the tips were centred perfectly with no manipulation required.

Acoustics - I've been trying to put a finger on how i could best describe the exhaust note to you guys all day. I've tried to think of some exotics that might sound similar. APS claims it sounds like a 911 Porsche...NO.
Then while coming back from muffler man driving on Church st an Aston Martin DB7 drove out of Balmain st and squirted it past me... I thought yep that's getting close.

But then it hit me, the best way to describe the sound of this system and in a way that most of you could relate was the all mighty Nissan GTR. It sounds really tough. I am extremely happy with it. Especialy when u open her up. No drone, stock idle sound, and starts with a rumble that says i'm ready.

But the thing that has put the biggest smile on my face has been, how incredibly it has opened up the engine. David C you were right it has made a big difference to top end. It simply just pulls harder. I can only imagine what a great combo cats would be with this system.

Acoustics 8.75 out of 10
Performance 9.5 out of 10
Quality 10 out of 10

Great exhaust and would recommend to anyone.

PS: For reference it is a little louder than the Hitec.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Eddie, thank you for your review, and I am very glad that you are enjoying the exhaust.

I didn't want to say anything about how I felt about this exhaust in an efort not to sway your opinion. I definitely did not hear a Porsche 911 relation anywhere in my setup, so I was curious as to how much change the cats really made to this. After listening to her rumble at first, the sound bothered me simply because I was trying to have no resemblance to a Honda Civic, and after being tired the first day, and having to run unexpected errands, it sounded somewhat similar to me. Since then, I have had more time experience it, and must say that the sound has grown on me. To me, it sounds close to a race-ready Borla TD with the cats on.

I also felt a very nice increase in torque and horsepower from low range all the way till redline. After 2 years of ownership, I noticed that in colder weather, full out 2nd gear runs go by quicker (faster) than previously.

I just did a review on my system not too long ago. Check it out here: http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...T&f=178&t=12066

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anybody else with an aftermarket exhaust noticed that there fuel economy is much better? Because I'm seeing easily an extra 50-80km per tank.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That's weird. My gas mileage seemed to decrease after my install. Of course, I did start using a different brand of fuel, and that may very well have something to do with this.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's weird. My gas mileage seemed to decrease after my install. Of course, I did start using a different brand of fuel, and that may very well have something to do with this.

Pavel... How did your car do on the emissions part of the Texas State Inspection after installing the Crawford HFCs and the APS?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Pavel... How did your car do on the emissions part of the Texas State Inspection after installing the Crawford HFCs and the APS?
Rob, that is an excellent question, and I plan on finding out sometime towards the middle of this year :)

So far, I have heard others with Crawford HFCs and other true dual exhausts, and they passed emissions. However, this system "flows" quite well :lol: so we'll have to find out the hard way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rob, that is an excellent question, and I plan on finding out sometime towards the middle of this year :)

So far, I have heard others with Crawford HFCs and other true dual exhausts, and they passed emissions. However, this system "flows" quite well :lol: so we'll have to find out the hard way.

Yeah... I would sure like to know before I put the Crawford HFCs on... my inspection is due end of March. What a pain to have to [pay somebody to] remove the Crawfords and put the OEM cats back on just for the state emission tests. :banghead:

Anybody else (in Texas) gone through the state emissions testing with Crawford cats installed? :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got around to getting some audio clips of the exhaust. I thought it might be useful for the guys that are trying to pick the right system.

Its 25 mb for some reason. If anyone wants to hear it all you gotta do is tell me how to make it happen (never done it before)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
l'm new to the forum.
l was just curious how much did u pay for the APS True Dual Exhaust System (fitted) ?
What other dual systems are available ? How much ?
Thanks for any advice you can offer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got mine from one of the members on the forum. I beleive they are $1800 AUD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts