Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased the APS test pipes and i am curious to know if anyone knows anything about the APS 2.5" exhaust. any info would help
any suggestions?
any sound clips?
any gains?

Ayman

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
All you need right HERE

I just bought this exhaust, and hope to install it along with High-Flow cats in the near future. I can let you know my opinion at that time.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
they have other clips on the site as well.
very loud in my opinion
very loud
I really hope that it is not "loud" in person. That is not at all what I am going after.

I guess it really depends upon where the microphone is located. Naturally, if the mic is right near the exhaust, then it will sound louder and raspier than if it was located farther away.

we'll just have to wait and see :bounce:

·
Registered
498 Posts
The APS TD 2.5 inch cat back system is actaully very quiet when used with the APS twin turbo system (that's the only complaint that I have ever had from a customer, not enough exhaust noise) though if you add the APS test pipes then the exhaust note is louder, not over bearing though certainly a tougher exhaust note. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Peter

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The APS TD 2.5 inch cat back system is actaully very quiet when used with the APS twin turbo system (that's the only complaint that I have ever had from a customer, not enough exhaust noise) though if you add the APS test pipes then the exhaust note is louder, not over bearing though certainly a tougher exhaust note. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Peter
Sorry, I just saw this post. Peter, thank you for describing the sound decibel level. I have been wanting this exhaust ever since it came out, and Julian just made an offer that I could not refuse.

Ayman, don't worry, I won't tell you what I think :rolf2:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
350zluver.

did u put in your exhaust yet
Naw man, not yet. Haven't purchased the high flow cats as of yet.

I went all out last month and bought quite a few toys (I'll post one of them in the firearms thread later tonight :)), and must wait a bit before getting the high flow cats.

On the upside, my B-day was yesterday, so I should rake in some help in the monetary dept.

Trust me, the temptation and urge to just go out and get it all done is getting extremely overwhelming :headshake: :banghead:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts