Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I m currently looking at the 2 options for the brake upgrade on my 04 roadster, I went to visit racebrake and they told be that the factory brembo are only street sport spec brembo , they are nothing near the AP. (not sure it is true or they just want to sell me the AP)

AP racing (race track spec), 4 pots front and 4 pots rear, roter are 350mm dia, $7600 new supply and install package.

Factory Brembo 4 pots front and 2 pots rear, roter are 320mm dia, $2000-$3000 2nd hand from Jap + $1000 install from racebrake

Factory Brembo 4 pots front and 2 pots rear, $20k from nissan (Crazy)

which will be the best option? the factory brembo looks a bit better (colour only) but i m sure can paint the AP to "Gold" too

Please advise if you could, thank

Regards
Gary

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
why not look at Project Mu or Endless as well

there are alot of Big Brake kits from the US as well

if you're buying for looks, then just go the cheapest option. If you're into tracking, consider DavidC's TT Z has stock brembos and i dont think ive ever heard him complain of not enough braking power

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi, I m currently looking at the 2 options for the brake upgrade on my 04 roadster, I went to visit racebrake and they told be that the factory brembo are only street sport spec brembo , they are nothing near the AP. (not sure it is true or they just want to sell me the AP)

AP racing (race track spec), 4 pots front and 4 pots rear, roter are 350mm dia, $7600 new supply and install package.

Factory Brembo 4 pots front and 2 pots rear, roter are 320mm dia, $2000-$3000 2nd hand from Jap + $1000 install from racebrake

Factory Brembo 4 pots front and 2 pots rear, $20k from nissan (Crazy)

which will be the best option? the factory brembo looks a bit better (colour only) but i m sure can paint the AP to "Gold" too

Please advise if you could, thank

Regards
Gary
If you are wanting looks and stopping power and at a reasonable price, consider the CSC Brake Kit supplied and fitted by HyperTech Autosports in Vermont (Victoria). I have seen these kits and it is extremely impressive.

You get 2 piece rotors, 4 piston aluminium calipers, custom made brackets and 355mm x 32mm rotors.

Regards,
Z33Fairlady

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Hi Gary, from what you told me even the stock brakes are more than enough for what you do with the car. Why bother with the 'best' if you're not utilizing what you've got?

I know that you want them for looks, but then just pick the ones that you think look better ... the performance of the brakes is not that important to you (IMHO).

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Gary, I agree with both bernard and david... if you are going for look, pick a cheaper option and that seems to be what bernard suggested.. CSC brakes... they look huge and work a lot better than brembo and AP...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
303 Posts
Don't upgrade the brakes past a set of Brembo unless you live on the race track. Peter P still has his brembos on his race car so I think it's just a wank to go buy AP racing gear.

I mean they lasted through the Bathurst 24hr race...so WTH!?!

Just IMHO! :)

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Zuffy - the thing is, he doesn't have Brembos at the moment. So he's not replacing a perfectly capable braking system with a different one.

So if you have a choice of upgrading from the shithouse brakes us Touring people have to endure, the question is do you go Brembo or do you go another brand (like AP Racing, or Harrop, or Willwood, or Stoptech, etc).

Since most braking hardware doesn't wear out appreciably, I think going the second hand Brembo option would be the best. If you had to buy newish, I'd go a different brand and get a different set of rear calipers.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would change the option to Endless or StopTech

but yeah the APs can do the job well, but i love my stoptechs

·
Registered
303 Posts
Zuffy - the thing is, he doesn't have Brembos at the moment. So he's not replacing a perfectly capable braking system with a different one.

So if you have a choice of upgrading from the shithouse brakes us Touring people have to endure, the question is do you go Brembo or do you go another brand (like AP Racing, or Harrop, or Willwood, or Stoptech, etc).
Since most braking hardware doesn't wear out appreciably, I think going the second hand Brembo option would be the best. If you had to buy newish, I'd go a different brand and get a different set of rear calipers.
Yeh i got that part, I'm just saying go for the cheapest option since unless you are a pro racer driver as you'll never use them anyway.

It's a big ticket item to buy new race brakes. For a street car it's just too rice for me! But thats just me.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I've maxed out my stock Touring braking hardware - haven't done it with the DS2500s, RBF600 and DBA Slotted rotors yet. Mind you, I also haven't done as much track work recenly.

I will be doing a caliper upgrade soon - I might leave the rotors as-is as they're already quite large, but whatever I do must fit under 17" rims.

·
Registered
77 Posts
A great option if you are running 18s are the Porsche 6 spot Brembos, they are about $800 ea. You will need an adapter to bolt them up.

They run over a 335mm disc like a GTR, easy to get locally from DBA or RDA.

Also easy to get pads to suit.

So you end up with 2 big monoblock calipers over 335 discs for about 2500 ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the best thing to do maybe get the AP or whatever big kits front and rear for the R32 GTR, and put the GTR 4 pistons front and rear with the new brake disc to the 350zr, than i can upgrade the both. Just wonder how much i need to spend?

the R32 brake maybe not as good preformance as the 350z brembo, but still 4 pistons and look much better than the **** cheap touring brake :banghead: on the ZR at the moment. what i need is a sets of new dba roters, lines and powercoat the calipers.

if anyone know who is good and can do this kind of change over in a resonable price? And how much will it cost?

Just wondering, someone suggesting about the endless, stoptech..etc before, how much are they supply and installed?

AP racing is not that expensive consider $7600 for all 4 ends and new from the box.

Let see how much will the stoptech cost?
http://www.optionimports.com/stoptech-big-...issan-350z.html
From what I find is around USD$4200-4500, including shipping, exchange rate, shipping and installation will easily cost AUD$7-8k anyway.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts